SOS - I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE!!!

i would suggest taking continental (CO) from BeiJing to Newark or BeJing to JFK. Is one flight.

you can go zhanjiang to guangzhou to beijing, beijing to newark, newark to NC.

Don't forget that is direct flight from sanya island to beijing, too.

I do suggest you plan on 3 to 5 hours at the POE landing site - cause you need to:

1. go through immigration, talk to The Man.

2. go through baggage claim, get yer luggage

3. go through customs, have some inspection.

4. get to another terminal and gate, recheck your luggage.

are you looking at www.ctrip.com ? can get many ideas for routings and prices.

:lol: 3 to 5 hours, gotta write it down... it's important!!! No I am not looking at www.ctrip.com, I didn't even know about this site, but I am going in and reading it... Thank you so much Darnell!

God Bless

Ling

If you are going to fly out before May 14, then the cheapest is going from Shanghai. All the airlines are having a price war over this destination / departure city. Continental will take you from Shanghai to Newark, New Jersey and then it is just a short two hour or less flight to Charlotte, NC

If you are going to fly out before May 14, then the cheapest is going from Shanghai. All the airlines are having a price war over this destination / departure city. Continental will take you from Shanghai to Newark, New Jersey and then it is just a short two hour or less flight to Charlotte, NC

Thank you for the advice, Chengdu4me, I am going to fly out next month :lol:

God Bless

Ling

Hi My Friends Here,

How is everyone? I am planning to fly out from China next month!!! But I have lots of stuffs that I need to bring to The States, like blanket, shoes, clothes, and some lotions, make up stuffs, and perfumes... I am wondering is there any express shipping company available in Guang Zhou that could help me with these stuffs? If there are some available in Xia Shan district, Zhan Jiang City, Guang Dong Province, that would be best !!! Cause there are really too many things... and I live in Zhan Jiang City...

Anyone know about it, please help me with it?

I appreciate all helps.

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF US

GOD BLESS

LING

my fiance lives in Zhan Jiang also. I am working on I-129F for her right now. she now works in Guang Zhou. Zhan Jiang is such a far away place. I would only take what you need in a backpack. you can buy everything else you need once you're in the US.

Hi My Friends Here,

How is everyone? I am planning to fly out from China next month!!! But I have lots of stuffs that I need to bring to The States, like blanket, shoes, clothes, and some lotions, make up stuffs, and perfumes... I am wondering is there any express shipping company available in Guang Zhou that could help me with these stuffs? If there are some available in Xia Shan district, Zhan Jiang City, Guang Dong Province, that would be best !!! Cause there are really too many things... and I live in Zhan Jiang City...

I appreciate all helps.

GOD BLESS

LING

my fiance lives in Zhan Jiang also. I am working on I-129F for her right now. she now works in Guang Zhou. Zhan Jiang is such a far away place. I would only take what you need in a backpack. you can buy everything else you need once you're in the US.

Thank you for the advice Crazybanana... I thought of that before, but considering some of my favorite stuffs... so gonna carry them with me like my favorite shoes, very small sizes and pretty adult style, I think if I want shoes in The States, I need to go to Children's Shoes Shop to have right size, but with no style I may like... :lol:

I will chime in here. I am not sure what options you have for flights, but here is my suggestion. The best airline I have ever flown for the longest part of the flight to China is Cathay Pacific. I found their economy seats to be more spacious and comfortable than other airlines, and unlike other airlines, they have a list of snacks that you can request at any time (the other airlines may have it, but Cathay Pacific has it in the menu they provide when you board).

I did a quick check, and discovered there is at least one flight to Hong Kong a day from where you are. From Hong Kong, you can fly Cathay Pacific to New York, and from there you should be able to get a flight on just about any airline to Charlotte (although it appears Cathay Pacific will book a flight with electronic tickets from Hong Kong to Charlotte, using Delta for the final flight). Of course, if money is a problem, there are probably less expensive flights.

As far as bringing stuff, on my last trip, I took two fairly large suitcases with me and brought back a number of items for my fiancee (coats, shoes, and other items). For bags that get checked, weight is more important than size. If you suitcase has enough room, you should be able to fit all your shoes in one :blink:

Hi My Friends Here,

I appreciate all helps.

GOD BLESS

LING

Strictly with respect to the portion of your question over the shipping of items to the US, which you feel you will not be able to carry on the plane, either due to logistics or extra bag cost:

When my wife and daughter and I departed the airport in Guangzhou on-route to LAX, we were maxed out on baggage, and had to leave a lot of their clothing articles behind in the care of my wife’s family. The charges for overweight and/or extra bags were obscene.

Shortly after our arrival in California, my wife’s sister took the remaining shoes and clothes and packed them in two boxes, secured with strapping tape, each approx 1500g (33lbs.) and shipped them to us via China Post, from the local post office. They were marked personal items of clothing, value USD $60.00. The shipping cost for each cardboard box was 371.50 RMB (approx $55.00).

There was no hassle with the PO and no problem with China Customs. We had the boxes delivered to our front door by the USPS approx six weeks, to the day, after they were left at the PO in Huadu Dist. Guangzhou.

We felt this was the best deal possible and the six weeks went by very fast in the scheme of things. This was a big savings for us when I had first compared all the costs with Fed EX and UPS along with the airline. BTW, the boxes arrived in very good condition and had not been opened by either China or US Customs.

Now wife and daughter have all of their winter clothes, boots and shoes, along with a few extra items added by her family.

This was our direct experience. :blink:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Hi My Friends Here,

I appreciate all helps.

GOD BLESS

LING

Strictly with respect to the portion of your question over the shipping of items to the US, which you feel you will not be able to carry on the plane, either due to logistics or extra bag cost:

When my wife and daughter and I departed the airport in Guangzhou on-route to LAX, we were maxed out on baggage, and had to leave a lot of their clothing articles behind in the care of my wife¡¯s family. The charges for overweight and/or extra bags were obscene.

Shortly after our arrival in California, my wife¡¯s sister took the remaining shoes and clothes and packed them in two boxes, secured with strapping tape, each approx 1500g (33lbs.) and shipped them to us via China Post, from the local post office. They were marked personal items of clothing, value USD $60.00. The shipping cost for each cardboard box was 371.50 RMB (approx $55.00).

There was no hassle with the PO and no problem with China Customs. We had the boxes delivered to our front door by the USPS approx six weeks, to the day, after they were left at the PO in Huadu Dist. Guangzhou.

We felt this was the best deal possible and the six weeks went by very fast in the scheme of things. This was a big savings for us when I had first compared all the costs with Fed EX and UPS along with the airline. BTW, the boxes arrived in very good condition and had not been opened by either China or US Customs.

Now wife and daughter have all of their winter clothes, boots and shoes, along with a few extra items added by her family.

This was our direct experience. ;)

Roger, thank you for being detailed and helping me out... :(

God Bless

Ling

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Hoo ! She made it cross ThePond !!! Hopefully she'll post some more in the very near future.

NC is gorgeous in the Spring Time !

Wei - Ling - Welcome to USA !

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)