SOS - I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE!!!

Hi My Friends Here,

How is everyone? I am planning to fly out from China next month!!! But I have lots of stuffs that I need to bring to The States, like blanket, shoes, clothes, and some lotions, make up stuffs, and perfumes... I am wondering is there any express shipping company available in Guang Zhou that could help me with these stuffs? If there are some available in Xia Shan district, Zhan Jiang City, Guang Dong Province, that would be best !!! Cause there are really too many things... and I live in Zhan Jiang City...

Anyone know about it, please help me with it?

I appreciate all helps.

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF US

GOD BLESS

LING

Are you certain you can't get it all into 2 pieces of luggage, each piece 22 kilograms (once loaded) ?

International Flights allow for 2 pcs of luggage at 22 kg, each piece.

If you can't get it all down to 44 kg, then extra pieces of luggage are 110 for up to 22 kg.

There are exceptions, all depends on the AIRLINE.

IMO, you only would gain some 'price' advantage if you had 400 kg of stuff to transport.

What is the total weight of your stuff?

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

On 2nd thought..

You are the wife of an active-duty military person stationed in IRAQ.

You should be able to get some assistance through his 'base' office admin staff for 'relocation'. Have you contacted them at all?

On 2nd thought..

You are the wife of an active-duty military person stationed in IRAQ.

You should be able to get some assistance through his 'base' office admin staff for 'relocation'. Have you contacted them at all?

Hi Darnell, well or Sebastian :D Thank you for the suggestion, but I am afraid that is not applicated for me cause my husband is National Guard... :P But I still wanna thank you for the advice!!! Any way do you know about the POE? I checked the ticket, I am going to fly out from Guangzhou to Charlotte, NC, and I need to change my plane 3 times, first time in Japan, second time in a international airport in The States ( I don't remember it cause I was just browsing it to get some ideas about how it's gonna be) until I could get to Charlotte, so do you know about which POE is applicated for me? Thank you! :P

God Bless

Ling

Thank you for the information, George Lee. I really appreciate it! :D

God Bless

Ling

1. what is the total weight, in kilograms, of yer stuff?

2. what is the airline name from guangzhou to POE?

3. How can I possibly tell you about any POE when you don't know the POE on your air ticket? Should be the 'next stop after Japan'. POE's are easy - you give them the sealed envelope, they give you a stamp in your passport.

Stop stressing? Weigh yer stuff, for now.

1. what is the total weight, in kilograms, of yer stuff?

2. what is the airline name from guangzhou to POE?

3. How can I possibly tell you about any POE when you don't know the POE on your air ticket? Should be the 'next stop after Japan'. POE's are easy - you give them the sealed envelope, they give you a stamp in your passport.

Stop stressing? Weigh yer stuff, for now.

Oh, Darnell, I hope I didn't drive you crazy again... :P This is my first international trip and I have to fly to The States all alone by myself... Have no any clues about all these things... I haven't booked my ticket yet cause I have no idea which airline is better and cheaper... I was looking at Delta and American airline... I didn't know the POE would be read on my ticket... :P but thank you so much for being so patient and helping me out... :D

God Bless

Ling

Edited by Brian and Jia Scott (see edit history)

You are in ZhanJiang, is big city for 'fishing'.

Take your stuff in 2 big plastic bags down to the fishing docks, have your stuff weighed on the fishing scales. Add 2 to 3 kg for each piece of luggage. what's the total?

OK - my apologies - you are still in 'planning' mode - somehow I misunderstood - I thought you already had yer tickets.

Shanghai is a good jumping point for united and AA, to either San Francisco or Chicago.

Guangzhou is a good jumping point for China Southern and Delta, to Los Angeles.

BeiJing is a good jumping point for Continental, to Newark (EWR) .

I don't recommend any routings which include Japan or Canada.

You are in ZhanJiang, is big city for 'fishing'.

Take your stuff in 2 big plastic bags down to the fishing docks, have your stuff weighed on the fishing scales. Add 2 to 3 kg for each piece of luggage. what's the total?

:D Got it Darnell :P You made me laugh so hard just now when I read the big city for fishing, makes me feel I am driving you to the edge of craziness... :lol: I couldn't know about the total yet cause it's 3am here... :P But now I have some clues about it... Thank you, Darnell.

God Bless

Ling

OK - my apologies - you are still in 'planning' mode - somehow I misunderstood - I thought you already had yer tickets.

Shanghai is a good jumping point for united and AA, to either San Francisco or Chicago.

Guangzhou is a good jumping point for China Southern and Delta, to Los Angeles.

BeiJing is a good jumping point for Continental, to Newark (EWR) .

I don't recommend any routings which include Japan or Canada.

It's ok, Darnell. But why you don't recommend any routings which include Japan or Canada? Are they bad or???

I don't recommend Japan or canada because:

1. extra time

2. might need transit visa (might....)

Ahhh, I see, I didn't think of that point (transit visa). Thank you so much for enlightening me about this, this is really important... Thank you so so so so so much Darnell :lol:

God Bless

Ling

i would suggest taking continental (CO) from BeiJing to Newark or BeJing to JFK. Is one flight.

you can go zhanjiang to guangzhou to beijing, beijing to newark, newark to NC.

Don't forget that is direct flight from sanya island to beijing, too.

I do suggest you plan on 3 to 5 hours at the POE landing site - cause you need to:

1. go through immigration, talk to The Man.

2. go through baggage claim, get yer luggage

3. go through customs, have some inspection.

4. get to another terminal and gate, recheck your luggage.

are you looking at www.ctrip.com ? can get many ideas for routings and prices.