I-864 and Police certifs questions

shadowman - ya - 'stateside' is totally different - there's a whole 'nvc' process that collects original documents plus some forms (the I-864 being one of them). All of this stuff gets sent off to GUZ from the NVC.

Duke is doing a DCF, so the process flow is different.

I-864 collection will happen in china, but i can't remember if it's mailed in or collected in person at GUZ - I'm leaning towards 'collected in person' but I could be dead wrong, too.

It is brought to interview. Only P3 forms sent back to consulate is DS-230 part 1 and OF-169 for DCF, everything else is brought to interview.

shadowman - ya - 'stateside' is totally different - there's a whole 'nvc' process that collects original documents plus some forms (the I-864 being one of them). All of this stuff gets sent off to GUZ from the NVC.

Duke is doing a DCF, so the process flow is different.

I-864 collection will happen in china, but i can't remember if it's mailed in or collected in person at GUZ - I'm leaning towards 'collected in person' but I could be dead wrong, too.

So,since we're doing DCF and I864 is collected at interview in GUZ, is there a fee for that I-864 or is that included in the $445 or $455 fee paid before interview? Does anyone know?

Also, on 1099's, Some clients have provided 1099's but I don't have with me here and can't get those. Yes I will have schedule C, but I864 instructions ask for those 1099's, as proof, of income claimed.The I864 Instructions ask only for most recent tax return but says I MAY include the last 3 yrs ones. Do they look badly on you if don't include 3 yrs. I do own my house and have assets in bank.

Duke

I-864: no fee !

It depends on the weight of your I-864... yet ! It's just a piece of paper... which can demand evidence to back up any number.

Don't play games with GUZ; there is only an end game with them.

When you present anything to GUZ, have proof of it... when it comes to DCF, you have a further burden of proving domicile (US residency) and public charge (finances)... Get the final act together.

If you have 3 years of returns, include them.

If you can get tax transcripts, get them.

List your non-cash assets, and cash in bank.

Bank Statements are useful. Even Monthly Bank Statements .

The Schedule C will be useful, for each of the years.

Repeat for emphasis: IMO - if you don't supply the 1099's, then you'll want to provide a one page statement with the I-864, stating that 1099's were not generated by your clients.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)