NVC to GUZ

Sorry to hear that, but there is really nothing anyone can do. On the Chinese 001 forum, there are a lot of people in the same boat as you. There is a person on 001 forum that has access to check when packages clears customs, (many believes she works for the consulate in GZ). Even she can't provide any useful info. All she can say most packages send out from NVA in OCT 2008 have not cleared customs yet.

B)

lvlp, no, we don't have any news. It looks like there are many packages sent in Oct, 2008 from NVC to GZ got stucked in chinese custom. No one wants to do anything about those packages where are sleeping in Chinese custom's warehouse. We called DOS today and a lady told us to call back in late March! What????????

Can anyone suggest us to contact anyone other than DOS, DHL or GZ US consulate which were all contacted by us so they can help us to expedite this custom clearance delay? People got interview dates with packages sent in late December of 2008.

Thanks,

Jlock

This is not something that is new.....

Here's a link from a full year ago, which contains some of the same frustrations. These things tend to go in cycles, for whatever reason.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=circling

rogerinca,

Thanks for sharing the link. Yeah, it is not new. This endless waiting just frustrates us so much. The packages sent on oct 22, 08 are over 100lbs and 25lbs (we called DHL and found out). Maybe that's one of the reasons why they got stucked.

We have to have faith in God. Hope miracle will happen soon for us.

Jlock

Edited by Lock (see edit history)

DHL tracking shows that my package has cleared customs but the DOS still shows that it hasn't arrived yet. To make matters worse I can't call Guangzhou to ask them directly because the fee payment system doesn't work for my mastercard. When I try and use it it looks like it tries to do Verified by Visa for it which fails since it is a Mastercard. Is there anyone else here who was in the Oct. 27th shippment that got a different answer from DOS?

:toot:

lvlp, no, we don't have any news. It looks like there are many packages sent in Oct, 2008 from NVC to GZ got stucked in chinese custom. No one wants to do anything about those packages where are sleeping in Chinese custom's warehouse. We called DOS today and a lady told us to call back in late March! What????????

Can anyone suggest us to contact anyone other than DOS, DHL or GZ US consulate which were all contacted by us so they can help us to expedite this custom clearance delay? People got interview dates with packages sent in late December of 2008.

Thanks,

Jlock

Jlock - thanks for the information regarding your parents' visa. I have tried US embassy, DHL so far and was told that it is out of their hands. Guess we will have to pray and wait.

CooCookie,

Like I said in a different thread, US Consulate GZ should have control over it. They already had all the electronic files for the packages NVC sent to GZ. They knew what were in those stucked packages. The question is when they want to get those packages out of the custom warehouse?

Jlock