NVC to GUZ

My case left NVC for GUZ Oct 08 and I am still waiting for the interview date. It sounds normal according to many cases I read here on CFL.

When I called DOS last week they told me the case is in "Administrative Processing" at GUZ. Before that they simply told me "No Interview Date Yet". Any sign of progress here :roller: ?

I will call DOS again this week.

lvlp

Edited by lvlp (see edit history)

Could be that they opened the physical case file. Other than that, I'm clueless.

But opening the file is a good thing, yes? That should mean they've taken it out of the warehouse, and set up a physical file there inside o GUZ. I also think it means they've started some name check process..

Near as I can tell, this is a good thing, as it is 'pre-p3-mailout' stage. But - call again on Tuesday? See if any other change?

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

You can't trust what DOS says. I called and got an interview date one day, and then the next day for giggles I called again. This time they told me I was in Administrative Processing with no interview date. I was quite upset, and I told the person they were wrong, because I called yesterday and got an interview date of 'day' and 'month'. Then the person says, oh well, I guess I do see an interview date here. I asked why she told me I was in Administrative Processing when there was an interview date. She then told me that she wasn't allowed to give out interview dates, and that's why she had told me this. She said that the person I talked to the day before must not have know what they were doing, and shouldn't have told me my fiance's interview date. I am still baffled over that whole experience. Seems like it was just yesterday.

You can't trust what DOS says. I called and got an interview date one day, and then the next day for giggles I called again. This time they told me I was in Administrative Processing with no interview date. I was quite upset, and I told the person they were wrong, because I called yesterday and got an interview date of 'day' and 'month'. Then the person says, oh well, I guess I do see an interview date here. I asked why she told me I was in Administrative Processing when there was an interview date. She then told me that she wasn't allowed to give out interview dates, and that's why she had told me this. She said that the person I talked to the day before must not have know what they were doing, and shouldn't have told me my fiance's interview date. I am still baffled over that whole experience. Seems like it was just yesterday.

Wow! Good snoop work, there!

Sneaky user name. Welcome to CFL

Guest Dylan W

You can call multiple times and get different answers to the same question. It is quite ridiculous IMO.

That's a bit weird :D . Looks like the only proof of interview date would be until we receive P4 from GUZ.

Yeah. They won't give you different dates at least, when you do get dates. But the P4 is as solid as it gets.

<_<

Our parents' package was sent from NVC to Guangzhou on Oct 22,08 for the P3 processing but every time when we call NVC, the answer is the same - Chinese Custom Delay! I read from another forum stating there were many people got the interview dates set-up by GZ Consulate with the mailing date from NVC to GUZ in later December 08. Aren't they clearing the custom according to the mailing date?? We are just so frustrated!!

JLock

:angry:

Our parents' package was sent from NVC to Guangzhou on Oct 22,08 for the P3 processing but every time when we call NVC, the answer is the same - Chinese Custom Delay! I read from another forum stating there were many people got the interview dates set-up by GZ Consulate with the mailing date from NVC to GUZ in later December 08. Aren't they clearing the custom according to the mailing date?? We are just so frustrated!!

JLock

Jlock - Did NVC require your parents to send the P3 documents (such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, police certificate and etc.) to it before it packed everything to China? I was told by NVC that they changed their process and now required all the P3 documents collected by NVC before sending them to Guangzhou. Guangzhou will process P4 and Interview later on.

CooCookie,

Yes, they did ask my sister who is actually the petitioner for our parents' cases sent all the certificates to them before they sent the package to GUZ. They told her they changed the process since 09/18/08. HTH.

Jlock

Jlock,

Thanks for the information. My parents file are held for Chinese Customs Clearance during the last 3 weeks. How long does it take your parents to clear customs?

CooCookie,

My parents' packages are still held in Chinese custom due to clearance delay. It's been over 4 months. When we first called DOS, they told us it should be between 90-120 days but now they changed their answer to 6 months! Unbelievable! We called DHL and ask them to check with DHL china but they came back saying only US Consultant can request the custom clearance permit from Chinese government. It's out of DHL's control per DHL US rep.

CooCookie,

My parents' packages are still held in Chinese custom due to clearance delay. It's been over 4 months. When we first called DOS, they told us it should be between 90-120 days but now they changed their answer to 6 months! Unbelievable! We called DHL and ask them to check with DHL china but they came back saying only US Consultant can request the custom clearance permit from Chinese government. It's out of DHL's control per DHL US rep.

I called DOS last Friday again and still no interview date after 4 month and 1 week. Very frustrated :( :( :( ! They did not given any reason rather than GZ has not received the physical case yet.

Any progress on your case?

B)

lvlp, no, we don't have any news. It looks like there are many packages sent in Oct, 2008 from NVC to GZ got stucked in chinese custom. No one wants to do anything about those packages where are sleeping in Chinese custom's warehouse. We called DOS today and a lady told us to call back in late March! What????????

Can anyone suggest us to contact anyone other than DOS, DHL or GZ US consulate which were all contacted by us so they can help us to expedite this custom clearance delay? People got interview dates with packages sent in late December of 2008.

Thanks,

Jlock