I-751 submitted

I submitted my I-751 packet and the VT Service Center received it on 2/4/09.

Today I received a Form I-797C/Receipt Notice for my wife. I also included her daughter on the original I-751 form and made the check out for the appropriate amount ($465 fee + $80 Bio for wife + $80 Bio for daughter = $625.00). However the "Amount Received" line reads $545.00. I see no indication via online banking that they have cashed the check.

Should I assume there will be a separate NOA/I-797C yet to come for the daughter? Or should I start freakin' out?

Thanks.

Fred

I think everything is fine, we didn't get a receipt for biometrics only for our son.

You should receive the biometrics appointments for each of them in 2-3 weeks, they try to get that completed within 30 days of filing. I would expect 2 appointment letters at that time. In some cases the letters arrive a few days apart.

If the appointments are on different days take both of them to the first appointment and ask the people with DHS if they can do one early so you don't need to make another trip. They are usually the most accommodating people involved in the process.

Also, the case number on the biometrics will be different from the receipt and they will be the ones you use to check online status. The receipt number will never show up there.

I think everything is fine, we didn't get a receipt for biometrics only for our son.

You should receive the biometrics appointments for each of them in 2-3 weeks, they try to get that completed within 30 days of filing. I would expect 2 appointment letters at that time. In some cases the letters arrive a few days apart.

If the appointments are on different days take both of them to the first appointment and ask the people with DHS if they can do one early so you don't need to make another trip. They are usually the most accommodating people involved in the process.

Also, the case number on the biometrics will be different from the receipt and they will be the ones you use to check online status. The receipt number will never show up there.

Thanks Lee. That's good to know.

So you're saying I won't get a 2nd NOA for the daughter (prior to the Biometrics appointment letter) showing a charge of $80 for that service - or are you saying they don't/won't do that? The I-797C I received today has only my wife's name on it - saying "Your conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year." My daughter tells me she is in need of something to send to the college she is applying to, indicating she is a resident in good standing. Is that true?

Also - does the fact that I received the NOA imply that, once the bio is taken care of, that we're good-to-go - no interview, etc.?

Thanks again.

Thanks Lee. That's good to know.

So you're saying I won't get a 2nd NOA for the daughter (prior to the Biometrics appointment letter) showing a charge of $80 for that service - or are you saying they don't/won't do that? The I-797C I received today has only my wife's name on it - saying "Your conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year." My daughter tells me she is in need of something to send to the college she is applying to, indicating she is a resident in good standing. Is that true?

Also - does the fact that I received the NOA imply that, once the bio is taken care of, that we're good-to-go - no interview, etc.?

Thanks again.

You might get a letter for your daughter, but it's the government. :blink: We never got a receipt for the $80 paid for our sons biometrics.

You should get 2 biometrics appointment letters, one for each.

I'm not sure about the college requirements, but it sounds right. Since her green card hasn't expired send a copy of it to prove legal status. If they want more before the biometrics appointment send them a letter of explanation telling them you are waiting for the receipt letter and have an appointment with the USCIS to get the extension letter they neglected to send. That should take care of them for a while. :toot:

You might want to setup an infopass appointment, using the case number assigned to your daughter for biometrics, for the same day you need to be there for biometrics. You need to take some form of documentation that the college is requiring proof of legal status and ask them to provide her an extension letter or to stamp her passport for the extension period. I know it seems silly to setup an appointment when you will be there for biometrics, but some offices won't give you the time of day without an appointment.

Once the biometrics are done you are done with biometrics, unless they screw up and you need to do it again. :rolleyes:

They will process the case and you will either have an interview or not have an interview depending on the random toss of the dice or some other equally reliable scientific method.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in the continuing saga, I have now received a 2nd Notice of Action - the second has the full amount of my check noted in the "Amount Received" line. The verbiage is exactly like the first I received but of course it has a different Receipt Number in addition to the different $ amount. I suppose to be safe, I should refer to and bring both copies to biometrics??

At least you got the letter staing her status has been extended for another year, my wife and daughters letter never got to us. We made an info pass appt and they stamped bother their passports with the extention. That was in July and we have to set up another appt b/c we still have not recieved anything for her GC interview adn they will be going to China for the summer.

On the Biometrics, they both recieved the letter the same day and had the same appt time. The people there were really nice the girls doing the fingerprints were haveing a ball with my daughter. I would definately bring both letters and see if they can get them both done at the same time.