Vaccinations

Guest Dylan W

Guest Dylan W

Can someone help us here?

Should we get Wendy's vaccinations in China as opposed to doing them here in the USA? I hear it could save some money and trouble. What is the best way to do this, and how do we proceed?

Thanks!

Can someone help us here?

Should we get Wendy's vaccinations in China as opposed to doing them here in the USA? I hear it could save some money and trouble. What is the best way to do this, and how do we proceed?

Thanks!

IMO it's much easier to just get them done in China. That's what we did. It was simple and quick. I'm not real sure about prices nowadays but I think it depends on whether you can find a county clinic here in the states that is cheaper. Others can elaborate on that. I definately vote for having them done there.

Do we need a yellow book or something? How do we know we are requesting the correct vaccinations and the correct paperwork to bring with us back to the states?

If you are getting them in China be sure to get this done at one of the medical facilities authorized to do the exam for the interview. Only authorized facilities in China can give the vaccinations for international travel and issue the yellow book.

Just inform them she is going to the US and they know the drill.

1. there's a list in the p-4 packet

2. there's a list in the I-485 packet - see the i-693 supplemental.

the 'yellow book' is available at any medical place that GUZ approves, it's another 10 rmb or so.

So compare the two packets - the 'extra' stuff she'll need from the i-693, can be done in china, and put in her 'yellow book'.

Guest Dylan W

Do we need a yellow book or something? How do we know we are requesting the correct vaccinations and the correct paperwork to bring with us back to the states?

If you are getting them in China be sure to get this done at one of the medical facilities authorized to do the exam for the interview. Only authorized facilities in China can give the vaccinations for international travel and issue the yellow book.

So we can get the medical for the interview and the vaccinations at the same time? Same trip to the medical facility?

My wife and daughter only got the minimum required vaccinations in China.

Then, here in America we went to the county clinic. The cost is 10$ per visit, and they get as many vaccinations as are appropriate in one visit.

It is possible you can get them cheaper in China, but it is very cheap in america too.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

So we can get the medical for the interview and the vaccinations at the same time? Same trip to the medical facility?

No, they're at two separate facilities. You get the medical before the interview. And if I remember right the same day we picked up the visa we went to the clinic where she got the vaccinations and had everything entered into the yellow book.

As Sebastion/Darnell said the address for the vaccination facility will be in the P4.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

We got the vacs and the yellow book, the day we picked up the medical report for the K-3. Because we were coming back for CR-1/IR-1, we also got a red book "Certificate of Health Exam". We went to another clinic associated with Shamian Island Clinic. It was close to the Post Office were we picked up the visa. The doctor said it would lower the cost of the exam for the CR-1/IR-1, we will get a chance to find out soon.

Mike & Yizhen