Online Grocery Shopping

Thanks Tony. I had forgotten about that!

-For Illinois, I have checked out the places listed, and I'll vouch for them.

My fiance (soon to be wife) couldn't quite find everything she was looking for there...understandable as she's not going to find EVERYTHING she had grown accustomed to in China. I'm just trying to help her out and explore all our options.

We haven't checked out Chi's Chinatown yet. I'm hoping she will find everything else she may be looking for there. I just wanted to explore the availability/feasibility of online shopping. :huh:

There is one within delivery range of us. They drive a refrigerated truck here once every couple weeks and people who've placed orders drive to the designated parking lot to pick things up. I've heard no complaints. They carry many items that the small Asian markets here don't have.

However, Illinois is too far away...

• 1 month later...

Does anyone buy their Chinese groceries online? Does anyone know of a website that caters specifically to Chinese food?

OK (don't boo me yet, I am trying to help). I know that Amazon.com will deliver food. I know it is not the greatest selection and it looks more like "American" Chinese food rather than "Chinese" Chinese food, but I see that Amazon.com does have some items listed under "Chinese food" that can be shipped for home delivery.

Now there is a way to change to Amazon - China at the bottom of the screen and maybe then you are seeing a Chinese site for Amazon. I cannot read Chinese so I have no idea but maybe someone who can can take a peak and see if there is anything there worth reporting.

Here is the link. Tell me what you think (and it's ok to boo me now :cheering: )

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gro?url=...ds=chinese+food