The BCIS runaround...

What's up with the security checks? Not 200 miles from me is a border where thousands of the "undocumented" come across each month, the Govenor recently signed a law that allows anyone with a tax ID number to get a drivers license (NO background check at all!), and they are worried about my spouse?  Makes my blood boil when I hear about the "undocumented" wanting to be treated like everyone else.  Why then am I going through all this trouble to do things the LEGAL way when anyone who can sneak in will get the status my wife must wait 2 years for? <_<

Ironic isn't it? If we were to sneak them into the country then marry them we could maybe get away with it. Because we arent willing to take that chance we are the ones being punished while thousands of illegals get amnesty.

What's up with the security checks? Not 200 miles from me is a border where thousands of the "undocumented" come across each month, the Govenor recently signed a law that allows anyone with a tax ID number to get a drivers license (NO background check at all!), and they are worried about my spouse?  Makes my blood boil when I hear about the "undocumented" wanting to be treated like everyone else.  Why then am I going through all this trouble to do things the LEGAL way when anyone who can sneak in will get the status my wife must wait 2 years for? :angry:

Well said my friend! I lived for fifteen years in Miami and know exactly what you are talking about. Easier to float over on an inner tube or in the hull of a boat. Immediately obtain legal status, unless of course, you happen to be from Haiti. This entire system is filled with injustice. :angry: <_<

I would have to politely disagree with Bob in saying that while the security check is in progress no politician's will help. I have not found this to be true as I personally had to have political intervention to get name checks done. But, I imagine it varies from senator to senator...congressman to congressman. Also, yes illegals will continue to slip through the borders and stay here without using the process, and it is frustrating that "johnny the border crosser" is here and your loved one is not. But why clutter your emotions worrying about something you can do nothing about? Rather maintain positive emotions on getting your other half here and save yourself worrying is what I say.

good luck on your process, i know how the waiting can wear on you.

I would have to politely disagree with Bob in saying that while the security check is in progress no politician's will help.  I have not found this to be true as I personally had to have political intervention to get name checks done.  But, I imagine it varies from senator to senator...congressman to congressman...

In general terms, my understanding is that from the time NVC electronically submits a case for security checks until the time it is returned complete, it is untouchable. While it is true that there may be an elected official who might be willing to intervene I'm not so sure of the real help it would provide. I think under the old system security checks were initiated by the U.S. Consulate Office in Guangzhou. That being the case, it's true, intervention from an elected official would have likely helped. However, I think under the new system (since March 1) security checks for ALL cases are routed directly through NVC and not initiated by the individual U.S. Consulate Offices. With rare exception, my understanding now is that no member of the U.S. Senate or House will intervene directly with any agency within Homeland Security for purposes of expediting immigration. This is merely my understanding as it is now.

It may be a long process but it will pay off in the long run. Unlike illegals, our loved ones will be here legally and therfore can go on to naturalization. And having American citizenship comes with a far more cry of benefits then the illegals can dream of ever having.

-court adjourned... :blush:

It may be a long process but it will pay off in the long run. Unlike illegals, our loved ones will be here legally and therfore can go on to naturalization. And having American citizenship comes with a far more cry of benefits then the illegals can dream of ever having.

-court adjourned... :lol:

Since it's Sunday...

Testify, brother.....testify!

For those interested, take a peek at the Durazo interview in the following link:

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0310/01/ldt.00.html

When I saw the interview last week, it made me sick. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/n/smiliechicken.gif

For those interested, take a peek at the Durazo interview in the following link:

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0310/01/ldt.00.html

When I saw the interview last week, it made me sick.  http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/n/smiliechicken.gif

What a piece of work she must be! I know it's a complicated issue to address but, whoa, wait just a minute. Doesn't this serve to encourage illegal immigration and discourage legal immigration. An immigrant who comes into this country illegally and demands the same rights as a USC or a legal immigrant? And a person in her position to not only condone it but also support and fight for the "rights" of these illegals? Folks, what's wrong with this picture! Yes, it is a very complicated issue but I must agree with Dave; it's an issue that turns my stomach. Where the hell is our spokesperson and what is he or she doing for us! Where's our voice?

http://www.secureamerica.info

To add fuel to the fire, here is a site that's been running ads on TV lately.

Hypothetically..............

Let's say JM gets here. She gets permanent residency. Then, she starts petitioning for family member to come over. In the course of....say.....10 years, she successfully get three family member here. After they get past their two year conditional status (assuming it's the same process), they start petitioning for more family members. In time, the number of people coming here legally grows exponentially. It's legal, but how rational is the law? Should naturalized citizens have that benefit?

Family based visas should mean Husband-Wife-(Fiancé[e])-Child. Period. Not Mother-Father-Brother-Sister-Uncle-Aunt-Cousin-Great Great Great Grandma.....you get the point. For example, my housekeeper is naturalized. She finally got her husband his green card. Now, they are working to get his brother here. Why? What is the "family" interest? What's the benefit for the US?

The US really does need to reform its policies. Rather than A-Z, Sub 1-10 visas, maybe just I for immigrant and N for non-immigrant. You want to immigrate? Fine. Have the background check and come on over. You want to work or go to school for a bit? Fine. Check in weekly at a CIS office. Fail to do so? Bye bye. "N" visa holders only have the privilidge to be here for the reasons stated on the issued visa.

Of course, it will never happen. More laws will continue to be passed to fix the problems with the old laws. Like with the IRS, it'll only get more and more complex. Loop holes will always exist and there will be those who -- like today -- won't even try to comply with these laws.

Okay...no more babbling...............http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/dazeda.gif

Dave, good points, and, for the most part, I agree with you. However, if the law were to change, thereby allowing only spouses, fiancé[e]s, and children to potentially obtain family-based visas, I think those considering immigration might reconsider. Surely, the possibility exists that many marriages, or promises of marriages, to USC's would simply not happen if current law were to change. Current marriages may dissolve because of the (permanent) separation of the immigrant's extended family. There are many reasons why foreigners marry USC's. One is to not only improve the quality of life for the person potentially immigrating but also to, perhaps, better the life of those family members left behind. Many if not most people seeking to immigrate know of the possibility in getting other family members to the U.S. Of course, as with all of us on Candle, we are concentrating our efforts on just getting our loved ones here (spouses, fiancé[e]s, and children). But, what if, down the road a year, two years, five years, would we, too, consider that possibility. Perhaps, the aging father or mother, who have struggled their whole life through, and now finally the hope of spending their last few remaining years in a better state than what they've ever been accustomed. The answer to that, Dave, is I don't think any of us truly knows. It's complicated.

• 4 weeks later...
Feeling GROOVY because I got the I129f reciept today!  60-180 days expected on the reciept, but 30-90 days expected according to the BCIS website. 

:D

Sounds like progress MoonCarolCafe. Keep up the good work. Seems to be a day for good news. :D