The BCIS runaround...

Hello all!

Got my I130 recpt. on February 22nd.

Called BCIS on July 22nd to inquire about the status of our application. I was told that I130 applications were taking about six months to process...

Called BCIS on August 25th... I was told that I130 applications were taking about seven months to process...

Called BCIS on September 22nd... can you guess what they told me? Yup, EIGHT months to process.

I politely asked the nice lady "If I call in late October, will I be told the wait is now nine months?"

She did not say yes, but I get the feeling that is what she wanted to say. Anyone else getting this run-around, or are me and Ying special?

Upon what appears to now have been bad advice, we did not file a I129f (I'm going to rectify that in about 2 hours from now) trusting that the I130 would be processed within 3-9 months <_< --bad advice from someone who did not know what they were talking about.

Yeah, if the immigration "lawyer" I went through here had said such a thing about filing the I129f I'd have been all over it like a cheap suit. I found out about it during a recent conversation with BCIS; I wish I had found this site a year ago.

I recently found out about the I129f, and today I am going to go buttonhole the lawyer to find out why it was not mentioned to me when I filed my I130 through her-- with a native Cantonese speaker in tow to ensure that nothing gets lost due to linguistic misunderstanding.

Oh yeah, the original wait time listed on our I130 was 620-625 days. I called BCIS to ask if that number was correct, and was advised to ignore that date range, it usually only took a few months. <_<

395 to 425 days for your I130?  Amature!  Try 815 to 825 days when I filed nearly a year ago... and according to the link you provided it is STILL 815 to 825 days!

:P  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I've also seen them as 0 - 999 days. Bottom-line is when THEY decide they are finished that's when we get approved. It's incredibly unbelievable, I know, but what can anyone of us do about it. We simply wait. I called BCIS about a month ago and was told they won't even investigate a delay until it has been at least 15 months since the date BCIS acknowledged receipt.

0-999 Days?????

Does that mean that they WILL get it done within 3 years? :o

My experience has been that everything takes twice as long as the maximum time that they estimate (for a simple, straight forward application, no previous marriages for either of us, no kids, no government jobs for my fiancee).

Hmmm, if you double their estimate, does that mean 6 years waiting?

As a note, the applications are progressing slowly, but they are progressing. I was also worried when the 2-3 month estimate for F-129 was revised to 3-6 months, but they did manage to at least read the application in less than 6 months (at which point they requested me to revise "N/A" to "none" in one spot in the application, and then finally completed the paperwork another month later).

Now, I am just waiting for the next phase of Visa processing.

I would like to see more realistic estimates.... and have the government stick to it.

P.S. How many Russian and Chinese terrorists awaiting Fiancee/Spouse visas have been found during the last couple of years of INTENSE visa processing DELAYS?

Hmmm, can we play the same game?

:greenblob:

Next April, should we write on our Form 1040 ....

TO BE FILED IN 70 to 90 days.

Then, 3 months later, resubmit it:

TO BE FILED IN 150 to 180 days.

Then, a few months later, resubmit it:

TO BE FILED IN 0 to 999 days.

Then, a few months later, resubmit it:

Initial Processing Completed.

Sent to Home 1040 Processing center for additinal review.

NO SPECIFIED TIME FOR COMPLETION.

----- Clifford ------

Yes, we would all like realistic estimates and know with certainty during the entire process that when complete it's close to the same timeline as initially stated. That would likely alleviate many of the telephone inquiries we make questioning the status of our cases. So, if we're told 6 months, we're not going to inquire in 3 for an update; if we're told one year, we're not likely to call in 6 months to inquire. And why do the petition timelines vary so much from one individual to another, even from the same service center? And then revised several times after initial receipt from BCIS?

Also, keep in mind there is not one elected politician who can, or is willing to, intervene in your behalf while security checks are in process. Politically speaking, not the thing to do. We have all heard repeatedly NVC's statement, "Due to the events of September 11 additional security checks are required ..." Certainly, at this time, no elected official will put pressure on Homeland Security to expedite or waive any part of those security checks that are in process. Homeland Security is not going to listen and politicians are looking to be re-elected. It's complicated. We just happen to be caught up in the middle of all of it. So, persistence and patience. Eventually we'll get there.

Yes, we would all like realistic estimates and know with certainty during the entire process that when complete it's close to the same timeline as initially stated.  That would likely alleviate many of the telephone inquiries we make questioning the status of our cases.  So, if we're told 6 months, we're not going to inquire in 3 for an update; if we're told one year, we're not likely to call in 6 months to inquire.  And why do the petition timelines vary so much from one individual to another, even from the same service center?  And then revised several times after initial receipt from BCIS?

Also, keep in mind there is not one elected politician who can, or is willing to, intervene in your behalf while security checks are in process.  Politically speaking, not the thing to do.  We have all heard repeatedly NVC's statement, "Due to the events of September 11 additional security checks are required ..."  Certainly, at this time, no elected official will put pressure on Homeland Security to expedite or waive any part of those security checks that are in process.  Homeland Security is not going to listen and politicians are looking to be re-elected.  It's complicated.  We just happen to be caught up in the middle of all of it.  So, persistence and patience.  Eventually we'll get there.

Yeah, and people in hell would all like iced water too!

Couldn't resist, Bob... :greenblob:

What's up with the security checks? Not 200 miles from me is a border where thousands of the "undocumented" come across each month, the Govenor recently signed a law that allows anyone with a tax ID number to get a drivers license (NO background check at all!), and they are worried about my spouse? Makes my blood boil when I hear about the "undocumented" wanting to be treated like everyone else. Why then am I going through all this trouble to do things the LEGAL way when anyone who can sneak in will get the status my wife must wait 2 years for? :greenblob: