AOS Part 1 - filing the I-485 and I-765

June 9: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD (I-765) at local BCIS office in Las Vegas

6:00 AM- we arrived at the BCIS building and stood outside in the sunny 90 to 100 degree desert morning.

7:47 AM- after almost two hours in the hot sun, my wife shows her ID and they let her enter the building. I had to take my cell phone to the car, then return.

7:50 AM- We both pass through the metal detector and get in line for a number that will put us in another line.

8:00 AM- we get a number and wait. We are number 6 in the AOS applications window, since most people seem to be there for other reasons - mostly work permit photos.

9:04 AM- Finally our number is called, we present our papers, including the 3 checks (AOS, EAD, and fingerprint fee).

9:14 AM we are finished, given a receipt and told to come back in one week for EAD card

June 17 arrived at BCIS 7:30 AM, dropped off wife while I found a parking spot half mile away. I joined her in line, and she had her EAD card by about 9:00 AM. Next we went to the Social Security office to get SSN. This took about 1 1/2 hours. Actual SS card arrived in mail about a week later