AOS Part 2 - ADIT processing

We received a letter from BCIS telling us that our AOS interview was waived, our AOS was approved on 9/17/03, and informed us that we needed to go to the local BCIS office for ADIT processing.

We arrived at 12:59 PM on October 1, the next day. This time, we were allowed inside immediately, where we waited for more than an hour to get a number. Finally our number was called, we showed passport and EAD card. They stamped the passport with a temporary validation (good for 1 year), kept the EAD card (which is no longer needed), and said our alien registration card will arrive in the mail - probably in about 4 to 6 weeks. We were finished and out the door at 3:54 PM.

Now Jessica and I can travel without filing for advance parole. She is officially a permanent U.S. resident. We will file to remove the conditional status in two years. (must be within 90 days of AOS approval 2-year anniversary date)

AOS part 1

At least there is something that makes living here worthwhile! :lol:

Processing has gone smooth since the locals took over.

AZ....

If you haven't caught on, I live in LV too. Great news! Maybe our federal employees are buying the Gin our mayor is sponsoring. Viva Las Vegas!!!!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/beer.gif

Dave

Your license plate gave you away, Dave. I expect you will have smooth sailing after you get the visa. There are some long lines here, but still shorter than mailing to the regional offices, and much shorter than the wait from the national offices and the consulate.

Can someone refresh my overtaxed memory about what ADIT processing is. :greenblob:  :greenblob:  :greenblob:

Hmmmmmmmmm...... I forgot also what exactly ADIT stands for, but we were instructed to bring photo, passport, and EAD card to INS office for ADIT processing. We did so and they stamped her passport, put her fingerprint on it, and said she was now a conditional permanent resident and free to move about the world and reenter the U.S. Our next step in to file the I-751 in two years to remove the conditional status.