Buying musical instruments in Chinertucky

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er.....correction.....I mean a chinertucky built guitar. :lol:

Speakin of chinertucky made geetars, why dont's ya try out your local music stores in PA and vicinity and look for those Fender basses made in other countries. Once in a while, you can get lucky and get one that's made in China that plays really nice. Usually the store personnel goes through all of the new shipments lookin for a good cheap geetar but you can still have a chance of findin one to take with ya if'n ya don't wanna take that spensive one withya. They are a rare find but they are out there. You can be the first on yur block in Chinertucky to say "Hey yaws, looky here at this chinertucky geetar Iz bought in the states." :lol: B)

Thanks cuzin', you always have good idears. We've got a small music shop here and I could just get a cheap Fender here and take it over, I really want my bass with me, but it makes me sick to think about the hazards of takin' it over...maybe I'm just a puss about the whole thing, eh? :lol: On the upcoming trip in the next few weeks, I'll scope out the music shops in Shenyang and that other place, who know's what I'll find in Shenyang. Yes, I'll take my own strings. :D

tsap seui

There are a lot of musical instruments made in China. (Maybe even your Bass, Tsap.)

I'd say it depends on your attachment to it. If you would be missin' it - take it. If you would be happy with another, I'm sure you could find one in Shenyang.

I've been to Shenyang several times. It's a huge city with just about anything you could want...

There are a lot of musical instruments made in China. (Maybe even your Bass, Tsap.)

Did you hear that Cuzin???????? :o Your bass maybe made in China? :lol: :) :)

I don't mind a chuckle on my behalf: But;

I didn't see where the name of the bass was mentioned. There is no doubt in my mind that guitars in the $2000 price range are made in China and are worth the money.

China produces many precision instruments, there all levels of quality right up to the rare and beautiful. The perception that all Chinese products are substandard is American propaganda.

Did you hear that Cuzin???????? :o Your bass maybe made in China? :rolleyes: ;) :angry:

I didn't see where the name of the bass was mentioned. There is no doubt in my mind that guitars in the $2000 price range are made in China and are worth the money.

China produces many precision instruments, there all levels of quality right up to the rare and beautiful. The perception that all Chinese products are substandard is American propaganda.

When a high quality product is manufactured in China,most often its not available to buy in China.

I remember the Sony Digital Camera problem in China about a year ago,all the ones made in China for sale in China had the fake part inside,but the real ones were shipped out of China.

For electric guitars,etc,theres a big music store in HongKong with all the regular stuff just like an American music store.

Same price range too.

South Korea and Japan are the same.

Did you hear that Cuzin???????? :o Your bass maybe made in China? :blink: :lol: :rotfl:

That chuckle was an insider musicians' joke. :) Quality guitars sold in America are certainly not made in China. Now I am talking about guitars that are played by gigging American musicians. The best quality guitars are generally designed my Leo Fender and Les Paul. There are others but they are not made in China. We are not talking about "all Chinese products", we are talking about guitars. I still make a living playing quality instruments made in America and Cuzin Tsap did the same years ago. I'll let him tell you where his bass was made.

Bottom line, America makes far superior guitars than China has ever done. :)

Did you hear that Cuzin???????? :) Your bass maybe made in China? :rotfl: :o :lol:

That chuckle was an insider musicians' joke. :) Quality guitars sold in America are certainly not made in China. Now I am talking about guitars that are played by gigging American musicians. The best quality guitars are generally designed my Leo Fender and Les Paul. There are others but they are not made in China. We are not talking about "all Chinese products", we are talking about guitars. I still make a living playing quality instruments made in America and Cuzin Tsap did the same years ago. I'll let him tell you where his bass was made.

Ah. I understand.

Still, I'm a bit surprised that some enterprising Chinese hasn't decided there is a market & a profit to be made from manufacturing guitars of the highest quality.

But, the bottom line is: I, who know virtually nothing about guitars, am going to shadup. :blink:

Did you hear that Cuzin???????? :o Your bass maybe made in China? :blink: :lol: :rotfl:

Ah. I understand.

Still, I'm a bit surprised that some enterprising Chinese hasn't decided there is a market & a profit to be made from manufacturing guitars of the highest quality.

But, the bottom line is: I, who know virtually nothing about guitars, am going to shadup. :lol:

It's cool to see that you have taken an interest in this subject. ;)

Here is a thread from an expat site where a member is asking the same question: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread30556.html

Cuzin Tsap's axe is a Music Man. You can check out the Wiki site and see the history of this company. They had a lot of trouble in their earlier years. Leo Fender lived a very stressed life. :bangin: