Is it helpful to be there for the interview

Hey i know we still have a little time :P because we are still waiting for the first approval maybe 2 more months for even that, then We have to still do the financial part :D ...btw how long does that approval take on average...Anyways Do you think it is helpful to be there for her interview ...i know you cant go in with her but will it make a difference to be there . ;) ..what are your opinions on that it is for a k1 visa..thanks guys

Guest Rob & Jin

Hey i know we still have a little time :P because we are still waiting for the first approval maybe 2 more months for even that, then We have to still do the financial part :D ...btw how long does that approval take on average...Anyways Do you think it is helpful to be there for her interview ...i know you cant go in with her but will it make a difference to be there . ;) ..what are your opinions on that it is for a k1 visa..thanks guys

you have probably another 6-8 months until the interview, read the FAQS over and over.

yes I think its useful to be there

good luck :)

Most feel that being there for the interview is helpful.

I was there for my Yu's interview, it gave her support, I visited the consulate a few days before during ACH (American Citizen's Hour) and asked a few questions and requested extra P4 forms. It was noted that I was there. Yu also brought my passport into the interview with her to show entry/exit stamps.

Hey i know we still have a little time :eyebrow: because we are still waiting for the first approval maybe 2 more months for even that, then We have to still do the financial part :lol: ...btw how long does that approval take on average...Anyways Do you think it is helpful to be there for her interview ...i know you cant go in with her but will it make a difference to be there . :lol: ..what are your opinions on that it is for a k1 visa..thanks guys

I regret not being there for my wifes first interview.she got the white slip,i am not saying that she got the white slip because i was not there,and i really dont think it would have made a difference,if i was there as far as her getting her visa,because i am of the belief,they shot her down,even before she opened her mouth to speak....but....i think it is important to be there for support.To Guz,this is all about a game,but for the husband and wife or if its your fiancee,its all about love,Guz can deny a visa,but they can not take away the love that is in your heart, be there because you love her.

Jimi

As others have said, it would be good to read the FAQ's section, as well as run the search mode for similar subject matter over the past couple of years. There is a lot of comment and data to this topic therein.

Having said that, if you can afford it (time and money) then by all means go for it !!

Not only can you support her and provide the opportunity for her to have your US Passport in her warm little hand for the VO to see; you can 'share' a lot of the overall experience by being there in the 4th floor coffee shop at the Consulate at the same time that she is on the 5th floor. From my perspective, there was no way that I could sit back here in the US and wait for the 'phone call' !!

Also, not to be overlooked, you can be at her side when she has to navigate the airport and the immigration officer process at the POE here in the US !!

Again, I am not judgemental on this issue; some just cannot pull it off due to their work and or finances. But if that is not an issue, then you should be there. :blink:

I believe it makes a difference. I didn't go to my wife's first interview and she got a blue slip. Had I been there I think she would have been more confident. The emotional support helps even if nothing else does. If it is impossible to be there because of work or something equally important don't sweat it. If it is feasible to go then by all means do.

I agree with what others have stated here. I don't know if my going to China during the interview helped or not with a pink outcome, but the support to my (now) wife was great. It's also a very good chance to bond while accomplishing a common goal. Jie's told me several times that she was immencely releived I was beside her during all of that.

Jeff

Guest Dylan W

I agree with what others have stated here. I don't know if my going to China during the interview helped or not with a pink outcome, but the support to my (now) wife was great. It's also a very good chance to bond while accomplishing a common goal. Jie's told me several times that she was immencely releived I was beside her during all of that.

Jeff

Well said!