Eating the Food

I like it all, remember we dont waste and its healthy and balanced.

the one thing I cant eat as I think its rubbish food are Wendys and Mcdonalds burgers :smartass:

some mexican food is good but usa/uk is tastless, boring and wasteful of the best.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it all, remember we dont waste and its healthy and balanced.

the one thing I cant eat as I think its rubbish food are Wendys and Mcdonalds burgers :sleeping:

some mexican food is good but usa/uk is tastless, boring and wasteful of the best.

Ok Jin...tell me...what is the nutritional value of intestines, duck, chicken, etc.? Iron? Calcium?

I agree with the rubbish that is McD's, Wendy's etc. I don't eat fast food unless I am actually in a hurry and on the go..and that isn't very often.

I understand the "not wasting food". With over a billion people to feed everyday, I see how some of this stuff ended up on the dinner table, but that doesn't mean that I have to eat it....I will gladly let any of the 1.3 billion other people have my share!

I just googled "nutritional value of duck chicken intestines"...hahahaha.....guess what??? DOG FOOD!!!! No substantial nutritional value. Not easily digestible....in other words..it's just filler...

Case closed!

I have never tried intestines, and don't want many of the other things you have described. But I am guessing that the real purpose of eating these things for Chinese is a "like for like" kind of thinking, for example the gristle in beef is considered to be very good for your tendons.

I just googled "nutritional value of duck chicken intestines"...hahahaha.....guess what??? DOG FOOD!!!! No substantial nutritional value. Not easily digestible....in other words..it's just filler...

Case closed!

suggest you read chinese websites on nutritional and medicine value instead.

or you can waste just money on pills, its usa way right :sleep1:

I dont worry for you as you have KunMing woman who will train you right :sleeping:

Guest Dylan W

I gotta ask this...I've been to China a few times. Been to HK many times. Been all over SE Asia.

I grew up on meat and potatoes. Good ole' all-american stick to your ribs kinda food.

I can't eat that crap they call food in China. Duck intestines? Chickens feet? I can't even try it because the thought of eating it just makes me want to puke.

Eating intestines, to me, would be like eating a sewer pipe....basically, thats what it is...

You all know what I'm talking about. The list of "things" that Asians call food is endless and, IMHO, 90% of it is disgusting...

How do you guys eat this stuff without puking?????? :sleeping:

I can remember back 35 years ago major supermarkets like Kroger and A & P sold cow brains, tongue, pigs knuckles and yes intestines called Chitlings.

Different diets for different folks. Only thing you could not get then was the squeal.

They still do sell this stuff, but it's not always displayed because most people don't want to see it. It stored in the back. Next time you are craving cow brains, just ask your local butcher, they can get it for ya. :ph34r: :sleep1:

Guest Dylan W

Case closed!

or you can waste just money on pills, its usa way right :sleep1:

I dont worry for you as you have KunMing woman who will train you right :sleeping:

Foods are not a cure all to any medication. I agree to keep a mixed and nutritional diet, but to say that food can replace medicines is not even possibly true. I would know. I live with Crohn's disease. A lot of the foods said to help treat Crohn's better than medicines is rubbish. It varies from one person to the next. What your body likes, mine may not. What food you can digest easy, I may not. For example... everyone is lactose intolerant, to a certain extent. Maybe very very light, maybe to the point they can't touch it.

Case closed!

or you can waste just money on pills, its usa way right :P

I dont worry for you as you have KunMing woman who will train you right B)

Foods are not a cure all to any medication. I agree to keep a mixed and nutritional diet, but to say that food can replace medicines is not even possibly true. I would know. I live with Crohn's disease. A lot of the foods said to help treat Crohn's better than medicines is rubbish. It varies from one person to the next. What your body likes, mine may not. What food you can digest easy, I may not. For example... everyone is lactose intolerant, to a certain extent. Maybe very very light, maybe to the point they can't touch it.

Dylan my #4 uncle is chinese medicine dr who spend all life treating stomachs things , what teas are you drinking ?

Guest Dylan W

Case closed!

I dont worry for you as you have KunMing woman who will train you right B)

Dylan my #4 uncle is chinese medicine dr who spend all life treating stomachs things , what teas are you drinking ?

I don't drink teas because the ones which were recommended for me gave me ulcers and made me vomit.

Case closed!

I dont worry for you as you have KunMing woman who will train you right :blink:

I don't eat pills for a substitute for nutritional food. I also don't eat dog food.

Jin, read the user ID..... :P Chengdu woman! :D haha

I could not stomach tomato till I forced myself in my late 30s... after that, I found I could eat anything once I let go of it in head.

I can (and do) eat anything in china; from duck brain, to fish eyes, to pig intestines, to dog... circada was a visual challenge but I accepted the dish of crunchy locust and their little feet getting stuck in my teeth.

The bigger problem is not just mind over intestines but mind over cultural conditioning; we (USCs) are simply not able to get beyond what we have been exposed to and expect; not just about what to put in your mouth but why and when. Traditional chinese medicine (TCM) goes back thousands of years and includes theory which takes a lifetime to master. I will only give a few points which I think are paramount:

1. Trust in the historical theory; if you don't trust it, then no need to bother yourself... This is a relationship issue which has a few sides.

2. Eat "Like for like" , as Robert. S rightly said... strengthen eyes by eating eyes, etc. Strengthen tendon by eating tendon.

3. Yin Yang properties balance better than nutrition. TCM assigns all food as having 'energy' properties, or as yin or yang, and then as benefiting they body or organs in certain ways.

4. Fixing nutritional or health problems can be complicated because, as Dylan points out, what is good for one may not work for another. In TCM, the doctor must read the three pulses (not just one!), look at the tongue, eyes, hands, etc and make a determination based on what the body shows, not just what the patient says alone. Custom teas are often prescribed which are usually impossible for most westerners to stomach; more general tonics or teas are usually easier to swallow... and not as effective.

Some folks have a cast iron stomach, but not all of us have them. There's a lot of food in China I can't or won't eat. Either what it is or how it's cooked. I was royally sickened for about 18 hours on an ice cream cone at Hong Kongs Ocean Park. The worst heartburn I've ever had came from a combination (of ???) pizza at Pizza Hut in Shenzhen. I've had Mao's revenge to the point that only antibiotics would cure it, and I'm the picky kind of eater.

Cat, civit cat, dog, brains, guts, feet, scorpions, sea worms, etc. I won't even try. In China I tend to stick to noodles, rice, pork and chicken. I loved the Peking Duck in Beijing, second day the wife ordered it again and she came down with the duck's revenge.

I've learned to carry beef jerky and granola bars for those times I can't find something palatable, it's saved me from going hungry more than once.

Case closed!

I dont worry for you as you have KunMing woman who will train you right :blink:

I don't eat pills for a substitute for nutritional food. I also don't eat dog food.

Jin, read the user ID..... :P Chengdu woman! :D haha

Hey, Chengdu, my pig feet are nearly done. Why don't you zip over here to Alabama and try them? They are not that horrible, really. The skin of them is supposed to be good for your skin, and they do have a little meat, with some really good tendons (which I need for all my typing).