notarizing I-864 and supporting documents

my mom is the co-sponsor for my now-husband. she went to get her I-864 application, tax transcripts, passport page, employment letter, etc. notarized at the bank of america. They refuse to notarize anything except the passport page copy. Is that right? Nothing else has to be notarized? B/c when we did th I-134 everything was notarized by my bank of america branch.

Guest Rob & Jin

my mom is the co-sponsor for my now-husband. she went to get her I-864 application, tax transcripts, passport page, employment letter, etc. notarized at the bank of america. They refuse to notarize anything except the passport page copy. Is that right? Nothing else has to be notarized? B/c when we did th I-134 everything was notarized by my bank of america branch.

tax transcripts cannont be notarized as you do not sign them, employement letter could only be notarised if the boss signs it infront of a notary.

all a notarty does is "notarize a signiture or statement" of the person in front of them.

well my mom went to a notary office and got them done for $10 per document.

Now I have to get my stuff notarized, I guess I'll just try to get whatever the bank will notarize notarized. I read in the FAQ section that you should get the I-864 notarized. is that correct?

-zanyi

tax transcripts cannont be notarized as you do not sign them, employement letter could only be notarised if the boss signs it infront of a notary.

all a notarty does is "notarize a signiture or statement" of the person in front of them.