Principal of Non Consular Reviewability II

HKG

Guest Rob & Jin

cant argue with that

really the only way its going to change is when someone finds a ton of lawyers/law firms (pro bono) that want to make "new law " on this , and has massive resources and political support.

It would take a huge effort to change and rewrite the way DHS,USCIS and consulates operate.

Is it really harder to get your loved one(s) here from china than say compared to the UK, yes probably for a number of reasons

1. massive past and present visa fraud from china (family initiated)

2. huge illegal immigration business (linked to #1 sometimes)

3. history of petitioner sexual predators in the past

4. Racial profiling

5. unwritten (but still there) discrimination against Chinese

6 no common language

the list can go on.... and on...

yes the govt system is wrong and crazy, needs reform, however why folks continue to try and hook their wife sisters cousin up for a green card and people marry the second day after meeting I cant see it changing very soon.

maybe the smartest way for now is to get your "ducks in order" before filing, there are no certainties in this at all.

folks get blue and white for a reason or reasons its your job as the USC petitioner to see these coming and prepare, of course some get a surprise for no reason, I don't doubt anyone's "bonafide" but the point is look at it as if you were a VO.

I will conclude by saying after many PM'S and emails from members it is clear to me the reason for many issues is that either or both hide truths from each other and its bitten you back.

good luck to all ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly true. This common misunderstanding/misreading of the law can lead to a lot of misplaced anger at the process.

9 FAM ¡ì 42.41 N1 -- Establishing Relationship between Petitioner & Alien Beneficiary

The approval of a petition under INA 204 (8 U.S.C. 1154) is considered to establish prima facie entitlement to status. The validity of the relationship between the petitioner and the alien beneficiary, familial or employer and/or employee, is presumed to exist. Unless you have specific, substantial evidence of either misrepresentation in the petition process or have facts unknown to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at the time of approval, you generally would have no reason to return the petition to DHS.

9 FAM 42.43 N1 SUSPENDING ACTION IN PETITION CASES

a. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) possesses exclusive authority over the approval and denial of immigrant visa petitions (except for those filed for aliens classifiable under INA 203© or 101(a)(27)(D)). You should bear in mind that the Department considers the approval of a visa petition prima facie evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary.

b. Therefore, it is your responsibility to review, not to readjudicate petitions. However, in the course of that review, if you obtain sufficient facts so that you know or have reason to believe that the beneficiary is not entitled to the status approved in the petition you will return the petition to the U.S Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) through the National Visa Center (NVC).

9 FAM 42.43 N2.2 Cases of Sham Marriages

USCIS has minimum evidentiary standards that must be established before revocation proceedings in a case based upon a marital relationship may begin. These minimum evidentiary standards are:

(1) A written statement from one or both of the parties to the marriage that the marriage was entered into primarily for immigration purposes;

(2) Documentary evidence that money changed hands under circumstances such that a reasonable person would conclude the marriage was a paid arrangement for immigration purposes; or

(3) Extensive factual evidence developed by the consular officer that would convince a reasonable person that the marriage was a sham marriage entered into to evade immigration laws.

The law is what it says. GUZ is disingenuous with the procedure and acts in bad faith. Again, not that this is going to change anything, but "Extensive factual evidence" of a sham marriage is the only basis that allows the consular officer to return an approved petition.

Wrong!

Pay attention to the specific language that is presented in the quotation of the passages you've presented here.

Any attorney, or anyone with any experience in contract law will tell you that when words and/or phrases like 'generally', 'have reason to believe', 'reasonable person' are used, it gives the person or agency using that language the 'out' they are looking for. It changes the standard to that of a subjective standard.

What that translates into is that it allows the VOs to deny and return petitions based on THEIR beliefs, suspicions, whims, etc. It makes no matter to them that possibly sometime in the future any case they've denied is reaffirmed and returned to GUZ because by then they have long obtained what they were seeking through their denial-making the petitioner and beneficiary wait for another year or two and demonstrate their commitment by applying again. Actions speak louder than words.

Any competent bureaucrat, whenever they read a law or regulation, the first thing they look at is the exact language the law is written in. They look for words like may, shall, must, will, could, etc. to determine just how widely they can circumnavigate the intent of the regulation and just how much 'breathing space' they have in applying it.

The wording in these laws and regulations must first be overhauled so as to leave no possibility for subjective reasoning or personal interpretation. Next, enforcement through individual accountability must be achieved which has the effect of demonstrating by example that deviation from the exact intent of the regulation by any agent will not be allowed or tolerated. The standard must be set.

Until these things happen, GUZ is free to do what they've been doing all along. Transparency of the process and accountability for decisions is what we need before business, as GUZ knows it, can be changed.

Amen!!!

Tsap seui

cant argue with that

really the only way its going to change is when someone finds a ton of lawyers/law firms (pro bono) that want to make "new law " on this , and has massive resources and political support.

It would take a huge effort to change and rewrite the way DHS,USCIS and consulates operate.

Is it really harder to get your loved one(s) here from china than say compared to the UK, yes probably for a number of reasons

4. Racial profiling

6 no common language

yes the govt system is wrong and crazy, needs reform, however why folks continue to try and hook their wife sisters cousin up for a green card and people marry the second day after meeting I cant see it changing very soon.

maybe the smartest way for now is to get your "ducks in order" before filing, there are no certainties in this at all.

folks get blue and white for a reason or reasons its your job as the USC petitioner to see these coming and prepare, of course some get a surprise for no reason, I don't doubt anyone's "bonafide" but the point is look at it as if you were a VO.

I will conclude by saying after many PM'S and emails from members it is clear to me the reason for many issues is that either or both hide truths from each other and its bitten you back. good luck to all :D

Rob, you know I love the heck out of you and Jin, but what is with these bold statements? I must respectively and politely ask you.....

"maybe the smartest way for now is to get your "ducks in order" before filing, there are no certainties in this at all."

What is getting your ducks in a row? On our petition I front loaded the hell out of our I 1-29, and that was way before Rogerinca ever thought he was the first one to do that. :lol: Most all of the folks I talked to who got white slips were very articulate and very smart people who had their shit together when they submitted their applications....these people weren't dumb hillbillys who didn't know a P-2 from a EOR letter. They had their ducks in a row, mush better than the average person. Maybe that's the problem...[b]maybe some of us have our paperwork and ducks in a row TOO WELL[/b]. :D

"folks get blue and white for a reason or reasons its your job as the USC petitioner to see these coming and prepare, of course some get a surprise for no reason, I don't doubt anyone's "bonafide" but the point is look at it as if you were a VO."

Well lets see here, on that paragraph alone I could write for hours about being prepared for both the interview...and any blue slip the bastards tried to give us. As well as a double bowl kitchen sink of evidence, I had everything (including a one hour disc of us talking in english) that was listed on a blue slip, and the lil' rabbit was prepared to quickly turn it in.

I had all the bases covered, and I know many others who did too and when the sunuvabitches won't take your evidence what are you supposed to do....pull out an AK-47 and MAKE them take it?????? MAKE them read it????? All the folks I've talked to were highly prepared

and had their shit together. We DID look out ahead of us and we were bloody well prepared.

Look at it like we were a VO?????? Why would any of us want to lower our intelligence 100 points down the food chain???? Yeah, look at it like were were a VO.....so we're supposed to look at everyone like they are quilty until proven innocent...and don't give them a chance to prove their innocence????

I'm in no way busting your chops here Rob, I think highly of you but jezzz never think I'll let words like that stand without rebutting them to my fullest...and I'm just gettin' started boss. B) I'm very happy you and Jin never had to spend a single minute and feel what it feels like to get a white or blue slip. :huh:

I'm sorta starting to think that maybe it's the people who weren't very prepared who got the visas!!!!!! Whatcha think???

tsap seui

Guest Rob & Jin

cant argue with that

4. Racial profiling

6 no common language

I will conclude by saying after many PM'S and emails from members it is clear to me the reason for many issues is that either or both hide truths from each other and its bitten you back. good luck to all :D

Rob, you know I love the heck out of you and Jin, but what is with these bold statements? I must respectively and politely ask you.....

"maybe the smartest way for now is to get your "ducks in order" before filing, there are no certainties in this at all."

What is getting your ducks in a row? On our petition I front loaded the hell out of our I 1-29, and that was way before Rogerinca ever thought he was the first one to do that. :lol: Most all of the folks I talked to who got white slips were very articulate and very smart people who had their shit together when they submitted their applications....these people weren't dumb hillbillys who didn't know a P-2 from a EOR letter. They had their ducks in a row, mush better than the average person. Maybe that's the problem...[b]maybe some of us have our paperwork and ducks in a row TOO WELL[/b]. :D

"folks get blue and white for a reason or reasons its your job as the USC petitioner to see these coming and prepare, of course some get a surprise for no reason, I don't doubt anyone's "bonafide" but the point is look at it as if you were a VO."

Well lets see here, on that paragraph alone I could write for hours about being prepared for both the interview...and any blue slip the bastards tried to give us. As well as a double bowl kitchen sink of evidence, I had everything (including a one hour disc of us talking in english) that was listed on a blue slip, and the lil' rabbit was prepared to quickly turn it in.

I had all the bases covered, and I know many others who did too and when the sunuvabitches won't take your evidence what are you supposed to do....pull out an AK-47 and MAKE them take it?????? MAKE them read it????? All the folks I've talked to were highly prepared

and had their shit together. We DID look out ahead of us and we were bloody well prepared.

Look at it like we were a VO?????? Why would any of us want to lower our intelligence 100 points down the food chain???? Yeah, look at it like were were a VO.....so we're supposed to look at everyone like they are quilty until proven innocent...and don't give them a chance to prove their innocence????

I'm in no way busting your chops here Rob, I think highly of you but jezzz never think I'll let words like that stand without rebutting them to my fullest...and I'm just gettin' started boss. B) I'm very happy you and Jin never had to spend a single minute and feel what it feels like to get a white or blue slip. :huh:

I'm sorta starting to think that maybe it's the people who weren't very prepared who got the visas!!!!!! Whatcha think???

tsap seui

Tsaps,

I'm not making any value statements, just saying having watch this carefully alot of couples getting the white are walking into this with both eyes closed.

ie they have flags and are either ignoant of it or ignore it/them

As for thinking as a VO absolutly we must, they are the gate keepers after all.

really I'm not poping at anyone, but its easy to blame GUZ/DOS etc and yes they make wrongs, but you know as well as me alot of times the couple leaves the door open to get it.

thats my point "nail your roof down tight"

if you meet and marry in and a few days get ready to explain that well and expect doubt, if you make just 1 visit expect doubt, if your not there for interview expect doubt.

GUZ is the boss , my feeling is they focus on what they see = fraud

not defending them at all, just we play on their field, their rules and all must be prepared for that.

give them what they are asking for

Guest Rob & Jin

I have a thought, but I am sure it has occurred to many here.

Why dont we apply for and attept to get jobs as vo in china.

1) it would pay us to live in china.

2) it woud finally put an end to the supersition, and we would have answers.

yes, I can see it IL Dave,Don, Carl,Darnell,Tsaps, Joanne,Charles and last but not leat Toot all behind their windows :blink:

I have a thought, but I am sure it has occurred to many here.

Why dont we apply for and attept to get jobs as vo in china.

1) it would pay us to live in china.

2) it woud finally put an end to the supersition, and we would have answers.

yes, I can see it IL Dave,Don, Carl,Darnell,Tsaps, Joanne,Charles and last but not leat Toot all behind their windows :blink:

May I see your passport please? :D

tsap seui

The timeline says you got a blue slip. What did the blue slip ask for? Just curious... :blink:

That's just the problem Dylan, it was an AP blue slip which asked us for absolutely nothing. The VO threw away, or would not look at anything that spoke of our innocence...wouldn't even look at my passport.

Then for 300 days they never asked us a single question, never answered any questions and I was nice and polite the whole gruesome time, even at ACH when I which to the day after the interview.

To this very day, we really have no clue what the problem was. In 2010 when I make a new application "from China" I can only say we got denied after a 300 day wait, and GUZ and the USCIS never told us why...not much of a front load like I gave them before, but I'm not about to give the bastards any food for thought by trying to explain away something that I have no clue was even a problem. :D

I figure with us being married for 2 years, sharing the same hu kou, solid financial (paid for by Uncle Sugarplum), and the fact that we will have known each other 4 1/2 years at the time of the interview....well...it's like this, if the bastards deny us again, then we just weren't meant to live in america....so Plan B is...go live among my fun lovin' Australian mates. ;) One way or another the lil' rabbit is gonna experience western living. She will have the choice, screw what the DOS says.

tsap seui

cant argue with that

4. Racial profiling

6 no common language

I will conclude by saying after many PM'S and emails from members it is clear to me the reason for many issues is that either or both hide truths from each other and its bitten you back. good luck to all :baby:

What is getting your ducks in a row? On our petition I front loaded the hell out of our I 1-29, and that was way before Rogerinca ever thought he was the first one to do that. :ph34r: Most all of the folks I talked to who got white slips were very articulate and very smart people who had their shit together when they submitted their applications....these people weren't dumb hillbillys who didn't know a P-2 from a EOR letter. They had their ducks in a row, mush better than the average person. Maybe that's the problem...[b]maybe some of us have our paperwork and ducks in a row TOO WELL[/b]. B)

I'm in no way busting your chops here Rob, I think highly of you but jezzz never think I'll let words like that stand without rebutting them to my fullest...and I'm just gettin' started boss. :crazy: I'm very happy you and Jin never had to spend a single minute and feel what it feels like to get a white or blue slip. :huh:

tsap seui

Tsap, that's a very interesting supposition...

tsap seui

The timeline says you got a blue slip. What did the blue slip ask for? Just curious... :rolleyes:

That's just the problem Dylan, it was an AP blue slip which asked us for absolutely nothing. The VO threw away, or would not look at anything that spoke of our innocence...wouldn't even look at my passport.

Then for 300 days they never asked us a single question, never answered any questions and I was nice and polite the whole gruesome time, even at ACH when I which to the day after the interview.

To this very day, we really have no clue what the problem was. In 2010 when I make a new application "from China" I can only say we got denied after a 300 day wait, and GUZ and the USCIS never told us why...not much of a front load like I gave them before, but I'm not about to give the bastards any food for thought by trying to explain away something that I have no clue was even a problem. :ph34r:

I figure with us being married for 2 years, sharing the same hu kou, solid financial (paid for by Uncle Sugarplum), and the fact that we will have known each other 4 1/2 years at the time of the interview....well...it's like this, if the bastards deny us again, then we just weren't meant to live in america....so Plan B is...go live among my fun lovin' Australian mates. :o One way or another the lil' rabbit is gonna experience western living. She will have the choice, screw what the DOS says.

tsap seui

Same thing happen to me, the VO would not take any evidence presented at the interview, then gave a blue slip. I sent many messages to the consulate asking what else I could provide to prove our marriage and I was told that they wanted nothing. Even my congressman's aide tried to send them evidence, but they said it was not needed. Then the white came. I don't get it. The only thing is that we got white in 60 days after the blue.

cant argue with that

4. Racial profiling

6 no common language

I will conclude by saying after many PM'S and emails from members it is clear to me the reason for many issues is that either or both hide truths from each other and its bitten you back. good luck to all B)

What is getting your ducks in a row? On our petition I front loaded the hell out of our I 1-29, and that was way before Rogerinca ever thought he was the first one to do that. :rolleyes: Most all of the folks I talked to who got white slips were very articulate and very smart people who had their shit together when they submitted their applications....these people weren't dumb hillbillys who didn't know a P-2 from a EOR letter. They had their ducks in a row, mush better than the average person. Maybe that's the problem...[b]maybe some of us have our paperwork and ducks in a row TOO WELL[/b]. :ph34r:

I'm in no way busting your chops here Rob, I think highly of you but jezzz never think I'll let words like that stand without rebutting them to my fullest...and I'm just gettin' started boss. :o I'm very happy you and Jin never had to spend a single minute and feel what it feels like to get a white or blue slip. B)

tsap seui

Tsaps,

I'm not making any value statements, just saying having watch this carefully alot of couples getting the white are walking into this with both eyes closed.

ie they have flags and are either ignoant of it or ignore it/them

As for thinking as a VO absolutly we must, they are the gate keepers after all.

really I'm not poping at anyone, but its easy to blame GUZ/DOS etc and yes they make wrongs, but you know as well as me alot of times the couple leaves the door open to get it.

thats my point "nail your roof down tight"

if you meet and marry in and a few days get ready to explain that well and expect doubt, if you make just 1 visit expect doubt, if your not there for interview expect doubt.

GUZ is the boss , my feeling is they focus on what they see = fraud

not defending them at all, just we play on their field, their rules and all must be prepared for that.

give them what they are asking for

Rob, what is really supposed to happen and by accounts what would really be fair to all beneficiaries and petitioners, would be if there were really red flags in a file, why not give the people an opportunity to reply to them? Give the beneficiary a blue slip and allow an opportunity to explain or prove a contention.

But because GUZ has so many applications and also so much fraud (do we REALLY know this for sure or is it just an excuse we hear from GUZ for their actions?), nobody gets that chance the way the system was designed to give it to them. No file would ever leave a VOs desk and it would look like the post office at Christmas time! So, they simply white people and move on to the next case, never looking back, and ridding themselves of problem cases. I don't think you get a fair chance until you file your second petition.

What I think REALLY sucks is that it is next to impossible to find out what the exact reasons for your denial was/were. Unless you manage to go back to GUZ sometime after a denial to attend ACH and ask the specific question, "why, Why, WHY?" you may never find out for sure. There are a couple of things I can guess at, that I know have been responsible for others getting a white slip, but like Tsap is saying, do I really want to open that can of worms by talking about something that they actually haven't looked at?

The white could be for something really simple, like meeting my fiancee online and in person before my divorce being finalized and the K1 filed 2 months after the divorce being granted. Well, give me a blue slip instead of a white and let me show that I was separated from my wife for 1 1/2 years before I met my SO, that I had filed for divorce one month after I left but held up the processing until the property settlement was completed-all finalized 2 months before I filed for the K1-a total of 2 years and 3 months after I left my ex.

Don't white slip me, give me a blue slip and let me resolve this doubt you have, Mr./Ms. VO. Oh, that's not the problem? Well, hush my mouth! What else could it be? I'm sure there's a rational explanation for it, if you'll just tell me what's bothering you!

We were given( blue )simple questions, personal but simple, "travel statement" asking to explain what we did while we were together, I did not make it a hot and heavy novel, just put in facts about my airplane trip, where we visited, ate, , who paid for what, things like that. Then the evolution statement fully explained for the third time how we met, an I also included a statement of intention of marriage within 90 days, I also had to have them notarized. For her she was asked for some pictures, e-mails and telephone receipts which she gave. For our effort "White". When I think about it, I gave a statement that was notarized, an got back and answer that now I would be known as MR. Fraud/Misrepresentation.

Edited by HKG (see edit history)
Guest Dylan W

What is your timeline dates for when you...

1. met online (I assume :happybday:),

2. met in person,

3. got married, and then

4. filed the visa paperwork (2007-11-02)?

Just wondering.

What is your timeline dates for when you...

1. met online (I assume :happybday:),

2. met in person,

3. got married, and then

4. filed the visa paperwork (2007-11-02)?

Just wondering.

no, we did not meet online, communicated about a year, then met , then filed K1 Nov. 2007. I think you are asking me..