Marriage Certificate Question for AOS

So we applied for her Social Security 11 days after entry, and it took about three weeks to get.

We recieved her SS Card the other day and immediately ran off to the courthouse for the Marriage License. In Kansas, you have to pick up the application and wait three business day to "think about it" before you can take it in for a real Marriage License.

Did that yesterday, and they gave us two: one to be signed and returned for their records, and the other to be signed and used at the social security office to change her name.

To obtain any additional copies of the Marriage Certificate, you have to wait "AT LEAST 3 WEEKS"!

We were planning to have a small gathering and vows with our minister on Feb. 14th - Valentines Day. But if we do that, 3 weeks out means we'll be able to get a copy of the Marriage Certificate no earlier than about 10 days before her K1 expires. That just seems to be cutting it a bit close.

I wonder if we can use the copy they give us for the name change at the SS Office instead, and skip any name change (she doesn't want to change her name anyway...)

Any suggestions? Or should we scrap the romance and just get the paper signed and get moving...

Don't worry about the K-1 expiring. That only means you must get married in the 90 days. "They" won't come looking for her on the 91st day. As long as you file the next round of paperwork in a reasonable amount of time, you'll be fine.

Are you talking K-1 Visa expiration date OR I-94 Arriaval/Departure record expiration??

The Visa expiration is the date that a person needs to uses the visa to enter the USA nothing more, that expiration date as nothing to do with adjustment of status.

The I-94 Expiration date is the date that you need to marry by.

Many have to wait to file I-485 for reasons just like you, the delay for a marriage cert, or perhaps filing for AOS after filing a tax return, so that can use the return on the I-864.

What maters is to marry before the I-94 expiration date.