Questions regarding domicile

Hello,

As far as I can understand, the evidence I have for domicile are:
-current driver's license
-bank statement with 2000 dollars (don't know if this is enough?)
-permanent mailing address

I don't know if the above is enough to prove domicile, so I will be looking for a job.

I am trying to find out: if a company in the US hires me, what should the letter they write on my behalf consist of? How does the US Consulate check this? Do they take the time to call the company? Cause if our significant other hands our documents over to the vo during the interview, don't they just look briefly over things? If anyone knows, it would be great. Thank you in advance!

As a DCFer, I would prepare an individual folder with all domicile info. I recommend the same with financials, so that the SO does not have to understand the exact form the VO wants; just hand over the financials or the domicile folder and let the VO review/take what they want.

Besides the items you listed for domicile proof:

- any bills addressed to the address

- landlord or lease showing you will live there (or do maintain it)

- emails to people in the US showing discussion of returning to US to residence

- Anything which suggests your time in china was 'temporary'.

From the employer; just an employment letter should do... How long you have worked there, permanent/full time position, salary amount, etc...

This employer letter usually belongs more with the financials... but I would make a copy for domicile.

Consulate comments on Domicile

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

thank you!

As a DCFer, I would prepare an individual folder with all domicile info. I recommend the same with financials, so that the SO does not have to understand the exact form the VO wants; just hand over the financials or the domicile folder and let the VO review/take what they want.

Besides the items you listed for domicile proof:

- any bills addressed to the address

- landlord or lease showing you will live there (or do maintain it)

- emails to people in the US showing discussion of returning to US to residence

- Anything which suggests your time in china was 'temporary'.

From the employer; just an employment letter should do... How long you have worked there, permanent/full time position, salary amount, etc...

This employer letter usually belongs more with the financials... but I would make a copy for domicile.

Consulate comments on Domicile