O/T 4th Grade Bomb threat....True Story

Guest Se_Lang

Guest Se_Lang

Today An Elementary School in northern Texas was subjected to a 4th grade bomb threat. This is how the story goes....

student "R" gives student "E" a small cylindrical metal device with warnings written on it about being explosive, student "E" shows student "M" who reads warnings on device and says it can be a "bomb" so being the good student that she is she tells a school official who promptly reports it to police and starts an investigation.

The small cylindrical metal device was an empty Co2 cylinder ;)

Student "R" was my son ;)

He was also told in the past he could not wear camouflage clothes to school because it represents people that use guns :lol: I guess all those dead soldiers are now considered bad people after all they are wearing camouflage, this comment got me a bit angry as I spent 6 years of my life in that uniform and lost a disk in my neck for said service, now think these are the people educating our kids!!

This is why we have to run security checks on people that are not now nor have ever been a threat to our country!!!!!!!

Ok I will get off my soap box now ;)

He was also told in the past he could not wear camouflage clothes to school
In TEXAS?? I thought that in Texas you could carry a gun in your gun rack in your truck? I can understand banning Britney Spears tee shirts for representing bad taste, but camouflage, what the hell is that about?
Guest Se_Lang
but camouflage, what the hell is that about?

Ya I know go figure, here is the Discipline Referral letter I got from the school

Description:

R, Along with other students,possessed CO2 cartridges(*EMPTY*) on the bus and was part of a conversation joking about it being a bomb. The conversation was concerning to other students and parents(*I was unaware parents are riding the bus*) A report was made to a XXXX police office who investigated the situation. The cartridge was not found to not be dangerous.(*HUH,"not found to not be"*) The concern is that R did not report the situation to school personnel (*it wasn't a situation until the school personnel got involved, So how could he report it*)

Student Explantion: Ryan did not report the incident because he did not know whether there was a danger to others or not.

Witness Explanation:5 other boys reported S's involvment in this situation.(*OK*)

Comments: We want to make sure R understands the seriousness of this situation and his responsibility in reporting information that is important to school and student safety.

I am not sure how to resopnd to this do I let it slide, or reply with my heart felt sentiment(NOT), I can almost understand them if this was not so blown out of proportion. Maybe I should go talk to them in my old Army BDU's(camouflage) think they would listen or maybe I should grab a shot gun, farmers pants, an boots an go sit on the front porch and jaw wit dem awhile.

GESH

So, a man wants to fly but is worried about bombs. He goes to a statistician and asks what the odds are about flying on a plane with a bomb on it.

The statistician does a little number crunching and says the odds are 1 in a million. The man says that's not good enough, so the statistician does some more crunching.

Finally, the statistician says, ok, next time you fly, you take a bomb with you on the plane because the odds of flying on a plane with two bombs on it are 1 in 10 Million.

Ok, so it's off off topic :P