GUZ Closure for Lunar New Year

Jon, one safe assumption about GUZ is that they will close for every possible holiday, U.S. and China. They will also close whenever they feel like it, whether or not it is posted on their website. The longer of the two dates that you saw is more likely to be true.

We went through this last year. They were closed even after the Spring Festival holiday period, and never posted that closure on their website. When we went to the consulate for ACH, there was a small sign up on the fourth floor that announced their closure.

Good luck with it.

Two years ago our interview was the first Monday after spring festival week, consulate was open the Friday before. I believe the consulate was closed the Monday - Wednesday before.

The consulate is closed on Sundays (The 25th).

In our case we had a problem with medical, we planned to do medical Thursday before interview, but the center was closed due to spring festival, and had to do and expedite medical the Sunday before the interview on Monday.

Hey Jon - I tend to pay attention to

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_announcement.htm

That's the one that gets updated on a regular basis.

Here's that info:

The United States Consulate General Guangzhou will be closed on Monday, January 19 for Martin Luther King Day and on January 23, 26, 27, 28 for the Chinese lunar new year.

Warmest Regards..

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Hey Jon - I tend to pay attention to

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_announcement.htm

That's the one that gets updated on a regular basis.

Here's that info:

The United States Consulate General Guangzhou will be closed on Monday, January 19 for Martin Luther King Day and on January 23, 26, 27, 28 for the Chinese lunar new year.

Warmest Regards..

Hmmm, those dates sound familiar to me........ :flowers_and_kisses: :unsure: :blink:

Hmmm, those dates sound familiar to me........ :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

Yes Roger, you were very kind to point me to the website. I just wanted to see if I can get confirmation directly from the source with the help of a few interviewees. But I guess I really shouldn't burden them with this on their big day. B)