Denied Today

For whatever reason, the data provided for the I-134 wasn't adequate, and it sounded like you got a blue slip . I think the VO was smart enough to infer that if you had prepared 'your financials' a different way for the I-134, you would have been ok.

So the VO gave her a blue slip, with an opportunity to 'prove up' your financials via an I-864. This is good for you, actually.

So for now, just so yer certain, ask yer lass to get to a copy shop in Guangzhou (there are many, usually dense on the street level ), have all the new documents (that she received on interview day) scanned in, an image made of each one, and then email that to you.

You'll never know EXACTLY what's on the blue slip UNLESS you have an EXACT COPY of said blue slip.

Do remember that there is big difference between 'taxable income' and 'income' - you'll need to show this - I'm a fan of CPA-submitted 'audited yearly reports' but that's not a tax form at all. I suggest you gather up all of your income documents, and have a clerk at a CPAs office prepare an 'unaudited' version, just for a quick 'summation'.

Good Luck, hang in there, take a jazuzzi for an hour, you'll feel better.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2264

Rick the above member only had SS income and went through 3 blue slips. He got approved. I would have both forms filled out. Let them pick which one they want. If the question is was the form was filled in correctly that is one thing. However if it is a question of $$$$ to make the 125% above poverty line then work on getting proof of assets. A noterized statement from a bank officer attesting to your bank account. IRA's and 401k's are an asset. How much value you have in your home minus what is owed. You should be able to overcome this without problems. Get the blue slip and see what is required.

I would like to thank all of you for your advice and concern. Correct, I have not yet seen the blue slip. Ling and I will webcam later today. I will look at it thoroughly and report back here. She is traveling home to Liuzhou now.

I did submit the I-134, I went to the IRS explained my situation and they actually were very helpful. My income, for the past 3 years, taxable as well as total was in plain sight. I will do whatever they want. We just want to be together. We never even heard of the I-864 before yesterday. We thought we had dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's but this one somehow slipped by us.

Disappointment is a hard drink to swallow. I know many here have been in this position before. I will carry on.. I appreciate the support and advice. Hope all good things come our way.. Later, JIm