My gal is really excited about the inauguration

My gal is a classic news junkie. She's been glued to Chinese television watching everything she can about the incoming Obama administration. She is truly excited and has been teasing me about Obama being the President. She was really disappointed that there was no Obama news on Chinese television tonight.

I think I'm going to break the television so she cannot watch the inauguration tomorrow. :lol: ...not really...

Actually, I am happy to see her so excited to be in America and to witness this transition of power. I feel certain that as a girl who grew up during the cultural revolution and whose parents were sent away, this is quite a moment for her. It makes me proud of the country even though I'm not an Obama fan.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind her that CSPAN will have the inaugural parties broadcast, it's not just the 'swearing in' that they cover.

Warmest Regards...

We only get Chinese TV now, plus the local satellite channels, but there should be a lot of coverage on those channels.

A man of color holding this office for a country so powerfull. . So we wish the country well under this administration.

Personally, I always wished the country well under all previous administrations... now we have a "different" man. Very intelligent but with a lot of challenges ahead of him... probably more than when FDR was the President. For all our sakes.... prayers and good wishes are indeed in order, no matter what his color.

IT might take this difference in the man to actually stand up to the "status quo" in the country and do what is right for all the people... middle class, lower class,elderly, young... etc.... instead of waiting for the trickle down to take effect. I'm sure many would agree... the trickle down, doesn't... it stays where it goes and not much of a trickle :lol:

I'm sure Mr Obama won't be a miracle worker, but I do wish him well, I wouldn't want his job, heck, I'm just trying to keep mine.

Guest Dylan W

bet this threads gone by lunch :D

Jin doesn't seem very interested in this at all :lol: politics that is.

Why are you not a mod to solve this predicament? That's why I keep my mouth shut... this thread will be locked instantly when someone wakes up soon.

This thread will be gone if it turns into Bush bashing.

Are you a Bush fan? I wasn't a fan... but I wish him well in his private life

I would bet the entire US current and impending deficit that Carl is not a Bush fan, he is keeping a balanced check on the political bashing that often runs amuk from both sides. I am not an Obama fan, however that doesnt take away from this historic inauguration and presidency and Obama has my full support as President and CIC. Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

I didn't post this to comment on POTUS. To me it is amazing how interested and excited my wife is to see this exchange of power with the inauguration. She grew up during the cultural revolution and heaven only knows what she witnessed and experienced, but her nightmares tell stories.

I'm more proud of my gal than anything else, she is embracing her life in America.