Avoiding Red Flags

the money issue is just difficult to know how it will be viewed by any given VO...

I tend to feel that a best practice is not to voluntarily show the payments as relationship evidence; let it get asked if a VO wants and then tell the truth...

but every case is unique and there could be cases where using that as support makes sense, but I'm not hearing that so far in your case.

You sound like you do have a thoughtful plan and the right attorney to help you in preparing and advising...

I found the whole giving money interesting and understand why it might not need to be mentioned. I would like to share my thoughts and a bit of my story.

I met my Fiancee about 1-1/2 years ago, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would end up in China, yet it was the most refreshing thing I have ever done in my life. When I first met her she spoke very little english so prior to going to meet her we wrote letters back and forth for over 6 Months.

We decided we wanted to try and make a life for each other, but we both agreed that in order to have a great relationship we needed to be able to communicate. I sent her to a Language school full time, she quit her job and I support her while attending school. She has been in school for 8 months now, she is doing great. We talk twice a day on the phone and now she is correcting my words :) The dedication she has put into learning English is well worth the money and she works very hard to succeed.

I am very proud of her and I know it will help us no matter what happens at the interview.

I don't really think the supporting her or paying for school really matters it is the simple fact that she has learned English, which is important for us and the transition to America if infact that does occur.

Either way thank you all for this great site, most of all for the feeling that we are not alone in this.

Thanks,

John and SiYi

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would this be a red flag?

My fiancee had her interview on 11/06/08 they said she didn't know enough about me and 16 weeks and 2 days later we are getting married?

Would it help if we put the wedding off or go as planned and then file for visa 6 months after we marry. I heard they look at the time up until you propose for a K1 and marry for a k3.

My fiancee had her interview on 11/06/08 they said she didn't know enough about me and 16 weeks and 2 days later we are getting married?

Would it help if we put the wedding off or go as planned and then file for visa 6 months after we marry. I heard they look at the time up until you propose for a K1 and marry for a k3.

They really said this? At what stage did they say she didn't know enough about you? Sorry if have explained this earlier but did they tell her this during the interview?

They really said this? At what stage did they say she didn't know enough about you? Sorry if have explained this earlier but did they tell her this during the interview?

She actually didnt get anything wrong that they stated however they might be using a form letter and didn't edit it properly but she did give correct info on my job and they never even asked her where I went to college. I think they wanted to deny because I only made 1 trip and just fabricated info to solidify there case.

Here is what they said

in contrast to vietnames social and cultrual norms which mandate a lenghty and careful period of pre nuptial arragnements petitioner and beneficiary became engaged wihtin two weeks of meeting.

beneficiary is unaware of basic facts of petioiners occupational background( current or previous occupations employer/income source and /or other basic facts). for example beneficiary was unaware of the petioner's occupation.

beneficiary is unaware of basic facts of petitioners educational background (i.e. level of education priniple course of study for advanced schooling where schooling took place, ect) For example although the petioner refers ie a discussion between him and beneficiary about coming to vientam after petioner finishes college in a notorized chronology of the relationship in interview the beneficiary did not know where the petitioner is going to college.