CERTIFICATE OF HEALTH EXAMINATION FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLER

Does anyone have any information about this? Batmaniac posted this:

It just looks like a passport and says on it CERTIFICATE OF HEALTH EXAMINATION FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLER . Even has a photo in it. Basically it transcribes all your all clear info from the medical exam into this little passport sized book. Takes them about 10 minutes to make it up.

Ying read on 001 that you need it for college if you want to enroll, that you don't ever need it and that customs looks for it. So all sorts of conflicting info.

Any ideas or information about this will be greatly appreciated.

It just looks like a passport and says on it CERTIFICATE OF HEALTH EXAMINATION FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLER . Even has a photo in it. Basically it transcribes all your all clear info from the medical exam into this little passport sized book. Takes them about 10 minutes to make it up.

Ying read on 001 that you need it for college if you want to enroll, that you don't ever need it and that customs looks for it. So all sorts of conflicting info.

i have not heard of this, but it sounds like the yellow international vaccination booklet that contains the vaccination records.its about the size of a passport but doesnt contain any information other than the vaccination records. hope this helps.

i have not heard of this, but it sounds like the yellow international vaccination booklet that contains the vaccination records.its about the size of a passport but doesnt contain any information other than the vaccination records. hope this helps.

Sorry I went to sleep early last night. We didn't do vaccinations and plan to do them in Texas. We were worried about having to do them twice. So nothing about vaccinations are in this. It's just all transposed information from the sheets given at the medical examination - no abnormal findings, negative - everything from the spine, heart, eye sight to STDs.

The book is reddish brown color and you are given a pink piece of paper with directions on where to obtain this book after your medical exam.

Edited by Batmaniac (see edit history)

Does anyone know if this is required for entry to the US, or anything at all?

They did not look at the Yellow Vaccine books or the dark red medical exam book, nor the x-ray in the cardboard tube upon our enty at the POE.

All of this...the vaccine requirements and medical exam requirements, are accomplished just prior to the interview at GUZ and these documents (along with the police report) are submitted and reviewed just before interview time and/or prior to the US Visas being issued to the beneficiary. If there is an issue with any of this, the visa will be held up until all required info is at hand. I guess the POE folks understand that this is all accomplished as a part of the stringent process to get the travel visa.

The P-3/P-4 packets contain all the info for obtaining the medical portion of the process. Many, will go to Shamian Island medical facility for both the med-exam and also the required vaccines.

My wife and daughter had the med exam two weeks before their interview and vaccines a couple of days prior. As a side note, for my daughter (7th grade) she had to have a couple of additional shots, not required for immigration, but required by state law to enter grade school here in Calif.

Then, for AOS vaccination certification, my daughter had to have even one more, not required to enter the US, nor for the school system; just a new requirement for the AOS process.

There is a ton of reference material over the past year in previous threads/posts on this subject.