Loosing focus on docs after P3

I spent a lot of time on docs as most do , but I'm beginning to loose clarity.

I have all these documents backing up that I don't know what to do with.

According to my SO, there was just the very simple P3 form she returned to GUZ a few weeks ago with a DS-230, two of them, one for her and one for her daughter.

But, I gave her my very nicely completed I-134, and I have letters of employment, copies of taxes all this other stuff.

What the heck do I do with all this ?

Thanks.

Guest Rob & Jin

all the medical docs plus the 156.156k.157, .GIV 24, etc along with police paper, single cert take to medical.

Tax stuff, I-134 and supporting evidence goes in the kitchen sink .

all the medical docs plus the 156.156k.157, .GIV 24, etc along with police paper, single cert take to medical.

Sorry, what is the kitchen sink in this context ? Is the consulate going to get the first copy of my I-134 at the interview ? This seems very strange, they should have it already, but I don't know how to get it to them properly.

Guest Rob & Jin

Sorry, what is the kitchen sink in this context ? Is the consulate going to get the first copy of my I-134 at the interview ? This seems very strange, they should have it already, but I don't know how to get it to them properly.

first time they see it is at the interview.

first time they see it is at the interview.

Oy vey. The strongest parts of my petition, and it will be handled so abruptly. What a recipe for disaster.

With her P4, Xiongxing received, stapled to her appointment letter, this note from the consulate, in both English and Chinese:

Effective January 1, 2009, we will no longer have the panel physician facilities collect any immigrant visa documents other than the medical exam forms. Please bring all documents required to the consulate on the day when you come for interview. Thanks!

With her P4, Xiongxing received, stapled to her appointment letter, this note from the consulate, in both English and Chinese:

Effective January 1, 2009, we will no longer have the panel physician facilities collect any immigrant visa documents other than the medical exam forms. Please bring all documents required to the consulate on the day when you come for interview. Thanks!

How, exciting ! This process gets more and more , exciting as the final hours approach ! I thought it would be more boring after all I did to get it started ! Heh. Wrong by me.

Now, am I to understand this, because, I really need understanding to posture most expertly, that this entire 1 year ( happy estimate ) process and all my efforts so far will lead to a grand-finale where nearly half of the key information in my case will be presented for the first time in this interview of just a few minutes by an overworked and ( probably oversexed ) consulate officer who will choose not to look at even most of the objective paper work my SO will come prepared to show ?

I mean, I was subscribing to the theory that the decision for approval/denial is already made before the IV much of the time... If that could at all be true, how could it be if they don't have the I-134 !! Letter of Employment or Taxes! A shot in the dark? What - the VO carefully reviews all the new critical information stuffed in page after page w/o a prejudicial opinion on the case the whole time watching the clock go by, and oh, supposed to be "interviewing" my SO at the same time ?

Edited by jhammer (see edit history)

How, exciting ! This process gets more and more , exciting as the final hours approach ! I thought it would be more boring after all I did to get it started ! Heh. Wrong by me.

Now, am I to understand this, because, I really need understanding to posture most expertly, that this entire 1 year ( happy estimate ) process and all my efforts so far will lead to a grand-finale where nearly half of the key information in my case will be presented for the first time in this interview of just a few minutes by an overworked and ( probably oversexed ) consulate officer who will choose not to look at even most of the objective paper work my SO will come prepared to show ?

I mean, I was subscribing to the theory that the decision for approval/denial is already made before the IV much of the time... If that could at all be true, how could it be if they don't have the I-134 !! Letter of Employment or Taxes! A shot in the dark? What - the VO carefully reviews all the new critical information stuffed in page after page w/o a prejudicial opinion on the case the whole time watching the clock go by, and oh, supposed to be "interviewing" my SO at the same time ?

Slow down, there! Your SO carries what she will into the interview. The VO looks at what he will. They already have what they already have.

He MAY not look at ANYTHING, if the decision is already (or almost already) made.

The moral of the kitchen sink is BE PREPARED to show the VO anything he MAY want to look at.

And yes, the rest of your life may hinge on a five minute interview.

That's why you get the I-134 notarized there at ACS. I am (and others) are pretty sure they scan that sucker in somewhere while you are waiting on the notary. Hell they even connected my two I-134 sheets by using a nice little round staple-like brad thing. Now I did have my mom co-sponsor (because I'm unemployed) and they saw that material the day of the interview, but I am sure I had at least preliminary approval because my income and assets in the bank were stated on the I-134 and should have been fine.

The VO Ying got approves most people according to 001 . . . so they probably assign him cases that are simpler. Maybe he is new. Maybe he has a workload doing other duties the rest of the time. Who knows . . .

Slow down, there! Your SO carries what she will into the interview. The VO looks at what he will. They already have what they already have.

He MAY not look at ANYTHING, if the decision is already (or almost already) made.

The moral of the kitchen sink is BE PREPARED to show the VO anything he MAY want to look at.

It occurs to me, that, structuring an interview of an applicant to anything, such that key information be hauled in suitcases to such interview is patently incompetent at any level of management or function.

It occurs to me, that, structuring an interview of an applicant to anything, such that key information be hauled in suitcases to such interview is patently incompetent at any level of management or function.

Either you have no need for CFL due to your own pre-determined success... or you've never encountered the multplicity of GUZ interviews yet :P

I suspect your counting on the former illusion when the latter reality is at your doorstep...

It will take too much time to explain the reasons... so good luck with such pre-conceived illusions of 'suitcases' and 'incompetent' ideas.

I'll toss a bone to anyone reading who cares: A GUZ interview will vary as much as the people who come through the door. There are some ways of controlling this if you prepared PRIOR to filing (JMO)... The interview is the last step. If your SO is not prepare, the only outcome is that GUZ has the ability to 'sink your battle ship'... Happy sailing.

Hey jhammer,

I agree with what Rob, Randy, Batmaniac and David have said here. Now is not the time to complain about the process, now is the time to educate yourself and prepair for having a successful outcome.

Also remember something, this is a public forum and GUZ can and sometimes will read your posts :o . Yesterday afternoon here in China I saw GUZ was online so I know they do visit! :D Be careful not to drill holes in your own boat :unsure: :blink: :blink:

Good luck!

Bob

thats interesting, so first time GUZ will see certificates is at interview. wonder if this slow down visa pick up after interview.