Citizen sponsoring immigration of child

Hi there,

I was a very active member of the forum from way back. My wife, ChunXia Wang immigrated in 2003 after a long, long wait for a visa during the period after 9/11 when visas where frozen.

She is now a citizen and we are still having a devil of a time getting a visa for her daughter, who is now 27. She was denied a visa when the wife immigrated because she had aged out to 21 by the time the Consulate General determined that they should have been issued visas a year before they were finally granted. (The short version of a long complicated struggle).

She has been approved but still no action on forwarding her paperwork to Guangzhou.

My question is, has anyone of you had any experience with obtaining a visa for a child over 21 and unmarried? Especially for a child of a US Citizen? If so how long does it seem to be taking?

Owen

OWEN!!!! It is so good to hear from you. I have wondered many times how you have been.

My wife and I are in the same situation. She became a US citizen last July and we filed the I-130 for her son. Even though it is a first priority visa there are quotas and your wife's daughter will have to wait until a visa becomes available. Probably 5 - 7 years.