My parents Visa

My fiance is going for her interview on Jan 15th. I have an important question on form Guv 24.

My parents came to America from Europe in 1950 right after world was 2 and like many immigrants "came over on the boat" and was issued a letter of intent entry. I need to fill in the Visa Type and I do not know how to call this.

Can someone please help me on how to fill out this part of the form.

Thanks. I need info at once.

I would simply call it an "Immigrant Visa" The consulate only wants to know a little about family tree on both sides, looking for possible red flags is all.

I would simply call it an "Immigrant Visa" The consulate only wants to know a little about family tree on both sides, looking for possible red flags is all.

Thanks! I am flying to China tomorrow from Ohio and her interview is Thursday. I plan to go to the citizen meeting on Monday. Can you tell me any tips or whatever when I go. I would appreciate it. I can read this site via e-mail with my laptop when I travel.

Edited by chazzy1098 (see edit history)

Thanks! I am flying to China tomorrow from Ohio and her interview is Thursday. I plan to go to the citizen meeting on Monday. Can you tell me any tips or whatever when I go. I would appreciate it. I can read this site via e-mail with my laptop when I travel.

Hi Chazzy1098,

If you can read this, read Ling's interview since her's was on a Thursday to.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34438

Good luck with your gal's interview,,and write an updated "Evolution of Relationship letter" since you are taking your laptop.

Tom and Ling

• 2 weeks later...

My Fiance was granted her K-1 Visa on 15 January!!!

I cannot emphasize the importance of my attending the citizen meeting at the embassy on Monday before her Thursday interview.

I had a 10 minute private discussion with the VO and I believe this was the critical point where I overcame any problems early before my Fiance would be confronted at her interview.

If at all possible, go to this meeting and also the fact that your fiance can show your passport and show you have come to China to support her getting a Visa carries much weight to show your relationship is true and sincere.