hello to all. we will be doing the p3 and p4 paperwork for my 18 yr. old stepdaughter to ftj her mother later this month. i just wanted to know if we fill out the same papers for k2 that we did for her mother. it appears that we do not fill out the ds-156k and gni-2. just to be safe we will bring plenty of family photos to the interview. anything else we should watch out for? thanks!

hello to all. we will be doing the p3 and p4 paperwork for my 18 yr. old stepdaughter to ftj her mother later this month. i just wanted to know if we fill out the same papers for k2 that we did for her mother. it appears that we do not fill out the ds-156k and gni-2. just to be safe we will bring plenty of family photos to the interview. anything else we should watch out for? thanks!

Yes. Same papers, as applicable.

They have been known to deny the visa, if a parent is there. Make sure one of you is, and have her carry the passport to place on the counter in full view of the VO.

If you haven't made the request for GUZ to begin processing the K-2 case you will want to do this in writing and to expedite the process you will want to send the P-3 paperwork with the request. It significantly improves the processing time.

Here is a sample cover letter for the ftj process http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=440120 and the last person who did this had their interview scheduled about 60 days after GUZ received it.

• 1 month later...

since our daughter is only 18, will she need to bring a single certificate to the interview? will she need to bring her mother's birth certificate? thanks all!

She shouldn't need a single certificate as it isn't legal for her to marry at her age, but if she can get one it wouldn't hurt.

We only provided notary documents for our son, his birth certificate listed his mother.

I can not stress the importance of relationship information for her mom and you, it seems to have come up more than once at a follow to join case.

since our daughter is only 18, will she need to bring a single certificate to the interview? will she need to bring her mother's birth certificate? thanks all!

She shouldn't need a single certificate as it isn't legal for her to marry at her age, but if she can get one it wouldn't hurt.

We only provided notary documents for our son, his birth certificate listed his mother.

I can not stress the importance of relationship information for her mom and you, it seems to have come up more than once at a follow to join case.

thanks lee. we will make sure and bring lots of photos and insure that our daughter can answer relationship type questions similar to her mothers interview.