Matchmakers Market (Shanghai)

This was show on a short program shown before the Olympics called Made in China. The host is a Vietnamese guy named called Anh Do. I extracted this short clip.

Have a look and tell me what you think. I know I don't have big ears.

Matchmakers Market

Timb

Parents come to this marketplace every weekend to try to match their son or daughter with a potential husband or wife.

I read an article about this recently (sorry, I don't have the link). It is in regards in an attempt to assure parents that their sons and daughters find a good mate/match and marry.

Who's the pretty lady in your avatar, Tim? :Dah:

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

I saw something like this in a park in Shenzhen. Guy had a folding table set up sitting there watching over two clotheslines with the girls' "resumes" and pictures attached. I was actually astonished that there was so much personal info out there in the open on it. Where they worked, phone numbers, etc . . .

Not sure what the problem would be. Others seemed to be able to see it. Are you trying to view in in your web browser, or downloading first?

What operating system and browser you using?

All I get is audio and not much of that.

Guest Tony n Terrific

Matchmaking in China is a very big business. People are willing to mortgage their future in hoping to meet the person of their dreams. Fees for this service can range from 10,000 to 80,000 RMB.