P3 arrived.

Thank you Mick.  I hope so too.  Now, I just need to make sure that there is no mistakes on the forms.  I hate to resubmit the forms for any incorrection.

Whoever...you're my kind of person! Obsessive in the detail. I thought I was but you've got me beat. That ain't a slam. It's a compliment as far as I'm concerned.

I sent an email to Jing Mei and methodically spelled out for her exactly how to handle the P3 packet. I even translated it into Chinese. Despite all of our efforts, we still made a mistake. The DS-230 wasn't completed for her son. Hopefully, it only cost us an extra month.

So, keep obsessing. But, get those forms in the mail ASAP. Let us know when you get that illusive interview. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/l0/sleepzz.gif

not to change the subject too much, but  I was planning on paying 830 RMB for each DS-230 (Jingwen and her two kids).  Is this right?

why would you do that ??

Maybe I missed something.. :blink:

Seemed to make sense to me. Oh yea, I forgot, this is the government I'm dealing with.

I must've missed sumethin.. Paying to fill a form available online ? ;)

Thank you Mick.  I hope so too.  Now, I just need to make sure that there is no mistakes on the forms.  I hate to resubmit the forms for any incorrection.

Whoever...you're my kind of person! Obsessive in the detail. I thought I was but you've got me beat. That ain't a slam. It's a compliment as far as I'm concerned.

I sent an email to Jing Mei and methodically spelled out for her exactly how to handle the P3 packet. I even translated it into Chinese. Despite all of our efforts, we still made a mistake. The DS-230 wasn't completed for her son. Hopefully, it only cost us an extra month.

So, keep obsessing. But, get those forms in the mail ASAP. Let us know when you get that illusive interview. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/l0/sleepzz.gif

Say Dave,'

Wasn't there a second copy of forms in the P3 for her son?

Oh, I see....duh...an oversight on the form?....wow., yep, cost in time.

How you guys deal with the form.  Everything must be filled out with PingYin and English right?  Or Chinese is good enough?

P.S.

I am single.  Do I still need a single status notarized?  If I need it, where I can get it?  What form it is?

I would do it in both Chinese and English.

To do the single status, I just wrote a note that said "I am single and a law abiding citizen" and the notory public notorized my note. That is all.

How did you ever get that to work? A note saying I'm single?...lol.

I don't think that would've ever worked for papers to marry in China. Not going thru notarizing and authenticating thru three levels of government and the Chinese embassy. Must be fine for K1....

a notarized letter embossed with a seal and saying.....'"I'm single and I'm good-looking! :blink: "" seal______________

:blink:

How you guys deal with the form.  Everything must be filled out with PingYin and English right?  Or Chinese is good enough?

P.S.

I am single.  Do I still need a single status notarized?  If I need it, where I can get it?  What form it is?

I would do it in both Chinese and English.

To do the single status, I just wrote a note that said "I am single and a law abiding citizen" and the notory public notorized my note. That is all.

How did you ever get that to work? A note saying I'm single?...lol.

I don't think that would've ever worked for papers to marry in China. Not going thru notarizing and authenticating thru three levels of government and the Chinese embassy. Must be fine for K1....

a notarized letter embossed with a seal and saying.....'"I'm single and I'm good-looking! :blink: "" seal______________

:blink:

Actually, it worked in Nanning for my wife's cousin. She was a K3. Her husband did just that.