AOS and the Form I-693

You waited 2 years to do the AOS? All this past month, I've been paranoid that I needed to submit the AOS paperwork before my wife's K1 visa expired (which is in less than 2 months). You mean I can wait? Where is there some definitive direction on that? I read the AOS instructions, and couldn't find anything that spelled it out for me. Then again, maybe it's there and I missed it... wouldn't be the first time. :o :blink:

You can wait as long as you want, as long as you don't mind being denied. Roger's wife is on a K-3 visa, which (the I-94, for Dan) doesn't expire for 2 years.

Your K-1 expires after 90 days, after which she is out of status. This is usually no problem as long as you apply within 6 months, possibly up to a year.

If you want to blaze a new pathway, you can wait 2 years, and at that time file an I-130 and an I-485 dependent on the I-130. Let us know how it turns out. Somebody did this recently, but they were within the year. Waiting 2 years would get you a 10 year green card.

Or you can go ahead and file the I-485 within a reasonable period of time. No one will define reasonable for you

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Long time no post here for me...

All is well. Wei and I are very happy still to this day. Her son is top in his classes at school.

My AOS question....

My wife is K3 .....

Interview and Med exam were Sept 2007... that is 1.5 years old

It is now over 2.5 years for our marriage. Oct 2006

Her Visa is good to Sept 2009. K3

step son is 13 yo today. K4

Ok, its seems this I-693 is new to me. I never done this one in the past.

It appears my wife will have to get the full exam again. Well we did that today at cost of $265.

The CS kept the med records and she got the TB test and we return 2 days from today for the results and final sealed results.

My issue is my son is 13 yo... does he need the med exam and full I-693, or does he only need the Part 5 of the 693?

thanks

lloyd

Ok, its seems this I-693 is new to me. I never done this one in the past.

It appears my wife will have to get the full exam again. Well we did that today at cost of $265.

The CS kept the med records and she got the TB test and we return 2 days from today for the results and final sealed results.

My issue is my son is 13 yo... does he need the med exam and full I-693, or does he only need the Part 5 of the 693?

thanks

lloyd

Your son needs the I-693 completed in full (medical exam, TB test and vaccinations). Some of the vaccination requirements are different between wife and son, but the CS will take care of that for you.