Well, I came down with a bad cold. Stayed out of work and in bed for two days. Chinese friends Wuping ("Will") and his wife "Molly" came over to give me some gua sa.

I sat up and took off my shirt. They sat on opposite sides of me. They took Chinese soup spoons and drew them down along my skin from the back of my neck along my arms to my hands. They repeated this motion until (in typical Chinese medical remedy fashion) my skin started raising red welts. These welts are the toxins being drawn out from my body. :roller: Afterward s, they did the arm to finger massage pulling the toxins out through my fingers. :signthankspin:

Amazing, after 3 days I am finally starting to get over my cold thanks to my Chinese friends, I am certain. :P

Well, I came down with a bad cold. Stayed out of work and in bed for two days. Chinese friends Wuping ("Will") and his wife "Molly" came over to give me some gua sa.

I sat up and took off my shirt. They sat on opposite sides of me. They took Chinese soup spoons and drew them down along my skin from the back of my neck along my arms to my hands. They repeated this motion until (in typical Chinese medical remedy fashion) my skin started raising red welts. These welts are the toxins being drawn out from my body. :cold: Afterward s, they did the arm to finger massage pulling the toxins out through my fingers. :bleh:

Amazing, after 3 days I am finally starting to get over my cold thanks to my Chinese friends, I am certain. B)

Once again my friend you passed over me to let a lady work on you :doorscared: The sign at my clinic clearly states we do Guasha. At least mention to your lady friends that I sell the best Guasha scrapers around at reasonable prices. They are Xiuyan Water Jade and the best for getting out that fever or cold. :P

Please remember if you need cupping we do that too. I'll get those toxins right out of you. It is good for mobility, pain and arthritis.

I sat up and took off my shirt. They sat on opposite sides of me. They took Chinese soup spoons and drew them down along my skin from the back of my neck along my arms to my hands. They repeated this motion until (in typical Chinese medical remedy fashion) my skin started raising red welts. These welts are the toxins being drawn out from my body. :o Afterward s, they did the arm to finger massage pulling the toxins out through my fingers. :blink:

Amazing, after 3 days I am finally starting to get over my cold thanks to my Chinese friends, I am certain. :)

Once again my friend you passed over me to let a lady work on you :angry: The sign at my clinic clearly states we do Guasha. At least mention to your lady friends that I sell the best Guasha scrapers around at reasonable prices. They are Xiuyan Water Jade and the best for getting out that fever or cold. B)

Please remember if you need cupping we do that too. I'll get those toxins right out of you. It is good for mobility, pain and arthritis.

"Chinese soup spoons"..."toxins being drawn out from my body"... :abduct: :drunk: Evidently you get the good stuff out in Cali... :smoker:

I AM SKEPTICAL... :nonono:

:drunk:

"Chinese soup spoons"..."toxins being drawn out from my body"... :smoker: :blink: Evidently you get the good stuff out in Cali... :angry:

I AM SKEPTICAL... :abduct:

Count me among the skeptical. :nonono: Heck, I'm usually feeling much better after three days of just advil and chicken soup. :o

As far as I know remedy tests that included chicken soup all concluded it cured the fastest. But to get the cures working, guasha and cupping work wonders.

:drunk:

"Chinese soup spoons"..."toxins being drawn out from my body"... :smoker: :blink: Evidently you get the good stuff out in Cali... :angry:

Count me among the skeptical. :nonono: Heck, I'm usually feeling much better after three days of just advil and chicken soup. :o

As far as I know remedy tests that included chicken soup all concluded it cured the fastest. But to get the cures working, guasha and cupping work wonders.

Jiaying brought a do-it-yourself kit with her this trip.

http://i20.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/ae/65/a51b_1.JPG

:o

Count me among the skeptical. :nonono: Heck, I'm usually feeling much better after three days of just advil and chicken soup. :)

Roger, Dave, my brothers, you've got to learn that healing starts by having a little faith. :drunk:

:D

"Chinese soup spoons"..."toxins being drawn out from my body"... :) :drunk: Evidently you get the good stuff out in Cali... :)

I AM SKEPTICAL... :)

Count me among the skeptical. :) Heck, I'm usually feeling much better after three days of just advil and chicken soup. :D

Roger, Dave, my brothers, you've got to learn that healing starts by having a little faith. B)

Here's all the FAITH I can manage... :huh:

It probably won't hurt... :ph34r:

"Chinese soup spoons"..."toxins being drawn out from my body"... :P :drunk: Evidently you get the good stuff out in Cali... ;)

I AM SKEPTICAL... :blink:

Count me among the skeptical. :angry: Heck, I'm usually feeling much better after three days of just advil and chicken soup. :D

Roger, Dave, my brothers, you've got to learn that healing starts by having a little faith. B)

Actually the plastic one you pasted above with a pump can hurt. The pump can pull hard and the plastic edge is sharper than the traditional glass ones I prefer. The glass is rounded so it wont cut as the skin is pulled into the cup. I've seen the plastic ones break the skin several times. Once it was me when I agreed to try them instead of the glass cups.

I never get a cold , when i use to smoke , i always had one,but what i found that do work is to wash your hands a lot , and avoid people with colds, and stay away from drinking out of water foutains,drink a lot of liquids, and take large doses of vitiman-C, i have never missed a day from work for being sick in my life, BUT it could happen

"Chinese soup spoons"..."toxins being drawn out from my body"... :P :drunk: Evidently you get the good stuff out in Cali... ;)

I AM SKEPTICAL... :blink:

Count me among the skeptical. :angry: Heck, I'm usually feeling much better after three days of just advil and chicken soup. :D

Actually the plastic one you pasted above with a pump can hurt. The pump can pull hard and the plastic edge is sharper than the traditional glass ones I prefer. The glass is rounded so it wont cut as the skin is pulled into the cup. I've seen the plastic ones break the skin several times. Once it was me when I agreed to try them instead of the glass cups.

I tend to think that the american medical industry is not really about making people healthy just making money. Wait till the person is so sick that you need to cut something out. Many of these techniques focus on wellness and helping people stay healthy. I like many of the TCM and the massage techniques. The Placebo effect might be part of it, if we believe it will make us better.

Edited by Don (see edit history)

"Chinese soup spoons"..."toxins being drawn out from my body"... :abduct: :drunk: Evidently you get the good stuff out in Cali... :smoker:

I AM SKEPTICAL... :o

Count me among the skeptical. :rolleyes: Heck, I'm usually feeling much better after three days of just advil and chicken soup. :D

I tend to think that the american medical industry is not really about making people healthy just making money. Wait till the person is so sick that you need to cut something out. Many of these techniques focus on wellness and helping people stay healthy. I like many of the TCM and the massage techniques. The Placebo effect might be part of it, if we believe it will make us better.

The Placebo effect is also part of the success of medicine. Blind testing has shown about 20% will get better just thinking they have taken an effective medication.

Call it a placebo or the power of mind over matter.

Edited by Dan R (see edit history)

Thanks for the warning there, Dan. I'll keep an eye on it.

I sat up and took off my shirt. They sat on opposite sides of me. They took Chinese soup spoons and drew them down along my skin from the back of my neck along my arms to my hands. They repeated this motion until (in typical Chinese medical remedy fashion) my skin started raising red welts. These welts are the toxins being drawn out from my body. :D Afterward s, they did the arm to finger massage pulling the toxins out through my fingers. :D

Amazing, after 3 days I am finally starting to get over my cold thanks to my Chinese friends, I am certain. :P

After 3 days you are going to start to feel better anyway. ;)