OMG... Item#35 on DS-230 Part II

Hello my friends here,

I just remind that the consulate officer didn't ask me to sign or fill anything about the item #35 on Page4 on DS-230 Part II. #35 is now allowed to sign or fill without the consulate officer asking us to... It's like this to the following:

35. I claim to be:

() A Family-Sponsored immigrant

() An Employment-Based immigrant

() A Diversity immigrant

() A Special Category (specify)_________________

() I Derive foreign state chargeability under Sec. 202( b ) through my ___________________________________________________

() Preference:________________________________________

() Numerical Limitation:________________________________

(foreign state)

Is that gonna be a problem? What am I supposed to do now? Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you so much.

GOD BLESS

LING

Edited by Brian and Jia Scott (see edit history)

I"ve no idea, O Jing.

But - ...

You've already got the Visa, yes? Don't sweat this form again until you are __safely__ in the USA. Thanks !

Yes I already got my visa in hand... and actually the visa officer forgot to give back my appoitment letter to me after she gave me my PINK SLIP and I had to go back and asked her for that again that day...

I"ve no idea, O Jing.

But - ...

You've already got the Visa, yes? Don't sweat this form again until you are __safely__ in the USA. Thanks !

Yes I already got my visa in hand... and actually the visa officer forgot to give back my appoitment letter to me after she gave me my PINK SLIP and I had to go back and asked her for that again that day...

Should I email or fax them about this? Will I not be allowed to enter the states when I get off the plane?

You have VISA IN HAND. If you can SEE the original DS-230, then you've been a 'bad girl' and have opened up the sealed brown envelope.

Stop fretting, you have the visa. IIRC, Part II of the DS-230 isn't even used by GUZ. perhaps dnoblett can confirm that.

You have VISA IN HAND. If you can SEE the original DS-230, then you've been a 'bad girl' and have opened up the sealed brown envelope.

Stop fretting, you have the visa. IIRC, Part II of the DS-230 isn't even used by GUZ. perhaps dnoblett can confirm that.

Thank you so much, Darnell, I really appreciate it!!! :surprise:

GOD BLESS

LING

Correct, if it was un-signed, you can point this out at POE, and the POE officer will have you sign it there.

The POE officer opens the envelope and checks the contents when you enter the USA.

Correct, if it was un-signed, you can point this out at POE, and the POE officer will have you sign it there.

The POE officer opens the envelope and checks the contents when you enter the USA.

Thank you so much, Dan :surprise: :ph34r: Now I could sleep better.... :angry:

Note Part II is used for IMMIGRANT visas (CR-1 and IR-1)

Note: Packet 4 docs listed under IV http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Brian and Jia Scott are CR-1

dnoblett - hey - thanks for checking in.

Jing - Even though you were REQUIRED to fill out that part, and you haven't filled out that part - DO NOT SWEAT IT - you have visa in hand, you won't be stopped at the POE.

dnoblett - hey - thanks for checking in.

Jing - Even though you were REQUIRED to fill out that part, and you haven't filled out that part - DO NOT SWEAT IT - you have visa in hand, you won't be stopped at the POE.

Thank you Darnell :ph34r: :angry: And btw, I am Ling, not Jing... Heheheh... :huh:

GOD BLESS

LING

Hello my friends here,

I just remind that the consulate officer didn't ask me to sign or fill anything about the item #35 on Page4 on DS-230 Part II. #35 is now allowed to sign or fill without the consulate officer asking us to... It's like this to the following:

35. I claim to be:

() A Family-Sponsored immigrant

() An Employment-Based immigrant

() A Diversity immigrant

() A Special Category (specify)_________________

() I Derive foreign state chargeability under Sec. 202( b ) through my ___________________________________________________

() Preference:________________________________________

() Numerical Limitation:________________________________

(foreign state)

Is that gonna be a problem? What am I supposed to do now? Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you so much.

GOD BLESS

LING

Ooops, I am so sorry my friends here, I just remind when I was there for interview, they had me sign on a paperwork, and now as I am thinking of that, that is just the Item#35 on DS-230 Part II!!! I was kinda in a rush and little bit nervous in my interview and forgot I signed it already... I am sorry that I was panic and worried you all here... Didn't mean to do that... Sorry... But THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALWAYS BE NICE AND HELP ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! And the host here in CFL could you please close this topic... I am sorry that I made the mistake... Thank you so much.

GOD BLESS

LING

Ling you are so bad. For punishment, you must take Wendy out for Lunch on Saturday in Guangzhou. Send her a PM here with your cell #, i think she has beauty shop in the morning, but you should feed her lunch..

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Ling you are so bad. For punishment, you must take Wendy out for Lunch on Saturday in Guangzhou. Send her a PM here with your cell #, i think she has beauty shop in the morning, but you should feed her lunch..

Oh... I am sorry Darnell... I would love to take this punishment, but I am not in Guangzhou... I am in my city Zhanjiang which is about 6 hours by bus away from Guangzhou... Could I ask for a put off? And please don't choose a too expensive place for lunch... and oh, who is wendy???

Wendy - the current CFL ambassador in Guangzhou -

see http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showuser=17135

Maybe you can hook up with Wendy in Guangzhou a day or three before you jump on the plane to come to 'Merica..

Zhanjiang, ah? Trigg's wife is from there, I have friends there too.

'Ware the rain, stay dry !

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)