Waiting for P4

my fiance received the pk 4..and interview is on 1/20/09, still almost 2 months a way.. but we are very happy.. thank you for all your guys support.... :P

Congrats Lili. My fiance just got hers as well. 1/22.

Now a whole another set of worries:

1) Her interview time is around 7AM. Is it typical to have interviews that early?

2) 1/22 is a Thursday right before Chinese New Year (which is Monday the week after). Should I be worried about the visa pick up process due to the holiday?

Thanks!

Jon

yes normal time 7,730,8 etc....will not get in that early just wait outside in lines.

your visa may be ready for collection saturday.

please post your timeline. :unsure:

my fiance received the pk 4..and interview is on 1/20/09, still almost 2 months a way.. but we are very happy.. thank you for all your guys support.... :ph34r:

Congrats Lili. My fiance just got hers as well. 1/22.

Now a whole another set of worries:

1) Her interview time is around 7AM. Is it typical to have interviews that early?

2) 1/22 is a Thursday right before Chinese New Year (which is Monday the week after). Should I be worried about the visa pick up process due to the holiday?

Thanks!

Jon

Hi guys,

We go 1/21/2009 and I've been stressing about the holiday as well. I asked my SO to call the China Post there and see if they will be open 24th. The consulate doesn't re-open until the 29th. So I'm thinking if we don't get it (assuming all goes well) by the 23rd we could have big trouble. I hope the consulate realizes the holiday is coming and gets them all out by the 23rd.

If China Post isn't open the 24th then we can't stay until 29th or 30th so I think we'll head back to Yingkou early on the 24th (or late on the 23rd). I think I'll need to look into having someone else pick up if it isn't there by then. I'd like to fly home 2/1/2009, but I'm trying to be flexible in case it takes an extra week.

What are you guys planning?

Joe

Hi guys,

We go 1/21/2009 and I've been stressing about the holiday as well. I asked my SO to call the China Post there and see if they will be open 24th. The consulate doesn't re-open until the 29th. So I'm thinking if we don't get it (assuming all goes well) by the 23rd we could have big trouble. I hope the consulate realizes the holiday is coming and gets them all out by the 23rd.

If China Post isn't open the 24th then we can't stay until 29th or 30th so I think we'll head back to Yingkou early on the 24th (or late on the 23rd). I think I'll need to look into having someone else pick up if it isn't there by then. I'd like to fly home 2/1/2009, but I'm trying to be flexible in case it takes an extra week.

What are you guys planning?

Joe

Sorry about the late reply. I believe the PO is open on Saturday the 24th. We are just hoping and praying that it would be ready on the 24th. Most likely my SO'll head home for the New Year if she doesn't get it by then and try to make another trip out once it's ready...

Thanks!

Jon

1) The time they give is actually a "Line up outside" time. They allow people into the consulate according to these times, where they are given numbers (I believe randomly) which ultimately determine the interview time. The interviews occur into the afternoon.

In fact, I think your best strategy for spending the least amount of time in the consulate would be to come late - say 10 or 11 o'clock - after the lines have gone down, but before they stop allowing people in. Of course, your BEST strategy is to be there when you are supposed be there.

2) They should be able to get the visa in the mail Thurs, Fri, or even Saturday. China Post (where you pick up the visa), I believe is open during the New Year holiday.

Thanks!

Jon

1) The time they give is actually a "Line up outside" time. They allow people into the consulate according to these times, where they are given numbers (I believe randomly) which ultimately determine the interview time. The interviews occur into the afternoon.

In fact, I think your best strategy for spending the least amount of time in the consulate would be to come late - say 10 or 11 o'clock - after the lines have gone down, but before they stop allowing people in. Of course, your BEST strategy is to be there when you are supposed be there.

2) They should be able to get the visa in the mail Thurs, Fri, or even Saturday. China Post (where you pick up the visa), I believe is open during the New Year holiday.

Randy W is right on the button. The interview isn't actually at 7Am; it is much later than that. It's just for your SO to join a line and do pre-interview things (hand-in certain documents) before seeing the actual VO. VO's begin interviewing at 9AM and they will call the interviwees randomly, not by order.