Blue/White Slips May Want To Consider This

For those who received a blue slip and provided the requested information and have been waiting a long time for the decision, and those issued a white slip and the case has not yet been returned or it's been returned and no action has been taken by USCIS for some time, if you are represented by an attorney it may be a good idea to ask them about the possibility of filing a Writ Of Mandamus to get things moving in the case. I found out about this through my attorney and I may proceed with this myself.

I've pasted below an explanation of the Writ from a lawyer's website that I think is a good explanation for the layman. I hope this may be of some help to some of our brothers and sisters out there.

Good Luck To All,
Splinterman

In certain cases, USCIS may simply fail to act regarding your petition. Perhaps you have a case that has been pending for an egregiously long amount of time. You may have even attempted to contact your locally elected official to see why the process is taking so long. You may have attempted to contact the immigration office multiple times via mail or scheduled multiple appointments with your local immigration office to discuss the status of your case. But all of these steps still don't lead to your case getting processed. What can you do?

One step you may consider is filing a writ of mandamus in federal court. This measure may force immigration to at least render a decision on your case. A writ does not guarantee approval, however, it may be the solution to your untimely processed case.