A Little Trivia

How do you think this generation gap will result in a different experience between our older (and OLDER) members, and the newer and younger ones?

My wife is 40 now. She was born in 1968 but has some vivid memories of her youth as her job was to help her parents on the farm. She was given this job by the government and by having this job, only then she was allowed to get food from the coupons. Her family never got any food or money from their farming efforts, just only food by way of these coupons.

Although the CR ended in 1976, some of these coupons I have are dated 1978 and one in 1984. She says that the coupons finally ended in 1990. They still lingered in some cities after the CR.

How do you think this generation gap will result in a different experience between our older (and OLDER) members, and the newer and younger ones?

That's a good question. It reminds me of those pre and post depression Americans. In time, (maybe short time with the rapid change that China is experiencing) memories of the CR hangover will fade...

Still, it is a period in China's history that should not and, I doubt, will ever be completely forgotten.

I teach ESL to all many of those differing generations. It is quite surprising how those who lived it seem to want to forget and those who did not have little knowledge. http://i34.tinypic.com/330zpch.gif

That's a good question. It reminds me of those pre and post depression Americans. In time, (maybe short time with the rapid change that China is experiencing) memories of the CR hangover will fade...

Still, it is a period in China's history that should not and, I doubt, will ever be completely forgotten.

I teach ESL to all many of those differing generations. It is quite surprising how those who lived it seem to want to forget and those who did not have little knowledge. http://i34.tinypic.com/330zpch.gif

I saw something that stated many of the younger generation don't even know who tank man is or why it happened.

My wife is 40 now. She was born in 1968 but has some vivid memories of her youth as her job was to help her parents on the farm. She was given this job by the government and by having this job, only then she was allowed to get food from the coupons. Her family never got any food or money from their farming efforts, just only food by way of these coupons.

Although the CR ended in 1976, some of these coupons I have are dated 1978 and one in 1984. She says that the coupons finally ended in 1990. They still lingered in some cities after the CR.

Interesting stuff, Cuz. :P