Does the DS-230 need to go to the hospital?

NO, You sent Part 1 to GUZ after receiving P-3.

Part 2 is NOT used for K-visas, DS-156K has the sworn statement.

do i have a problem where i sent ds-230's part 1 and part 2 to NVC? the instruction says sent part 1 and part 2 to NVC.

The OP (TaijiMonkey) is doing a K-1 visa, so does not use DS-230 part 2, and does not send anything to NVC.

In your case (CR-1 or IR-1) visa you do send the whole DS-230 part 1 and 2 to NVC.

Cool, thanks.

Next question about the DS-156K then...

It asks for "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" and "Evidence of Financial Support"..

What do I need to include with the DS-156K to cover this??

And if I am not mistaken, the DS-156K needs to go with her to the Medical Exam... does this "Evidence" need to go to the Medical as well?

Cool, thanks.

Next question about the DS-156K then...

It asks for "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" and "Evidence of Financial Support"..

What do I need to include with the DS-156K to cover this??

And if I am not mistaken, the DS-156K needs to go with her to the Medical Exam... does this "Evidence" need to go to the Medical as well?

From the CFL Interview FAQ

C. Financial documents:

a. Two original, signed, and notarized I-134/I-864 with supporting financial documents including

i. 3 years of tax records reflecting (Form 1040 and W2s ¨C guideline is income 125% of the poverty level)

ii. letter from employer regarding current employment and wage/salary)

iii. if your income is less than 125% of poverty level, bring copies of bank statements/ stock/bonds, etc.

b. If using a joint sponsor, two original, signed, and notarized I-134/I-864 with the supporting financial documents.

These are turned in at the interview.

The tax records can be obtained free of charge by calling the IRS. Just tell them you want a copy of your tax transcripts for the past 3 years.

Edited by SteveK (see edit history)

C. Financial documents:

a. Two original, signed, and notarized I-134/I-864 with supporting financial documents including

i. 3 years of tax records reflecting (Form 1040 and W2s ¨C guideline is income 125% of the poverty level)

iii. if your income is less than 125% of poverty level, bring copies of bank statements/ stock/bonds, etc.

b. If using a joint sponsor, two original, signed, and notarized I-134/I-864 with the supporting financial documents.

The tax records can be obtained free of charge by calling the IRS. Just tell them you want a copy of your tax transcripts for the past 3 years.

Thanks Steve, but that was not my question.

You showed me this the other day:

CFL FAQ for P4

Which says:

Items to bring to the medical exam:

K1, K3:

1) Four (4) passport pictures (print name on back)

2) Beneficiary ID and Passport

3) P4 Appointment letter (make copies; give them a copy if they will accept it)

4) P3 collected docs from OF-169 checklist (divorce, police, marriage, police certificates, etc -- make copies)

5) P4 (K1 list) (make copies)

a. DS-156 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (sign); attached (2) passport photos of beneficiary to each (total of 4 pics)

b. DS-156K in English ; (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

c. DS-157 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (no signature needed; no signature block)

d. GNI-2 , Supplemental Form (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

e. GIV-24 , Family Composition Sheet (sign)

f. Medical docs from P4

g. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry (K1: do not sign; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

6) Have blank forms for P4 docs (in case something is wrong)

The DS-156K says that along with my fiance¨¦'s Birth Certificate and Police Certificates, they also want "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" and "Evidence of Financial Support" to "be attached".

I thought the "Evidence of Financial Support" went with the I-134 at the Interview, not in the paperwork that goes to the Medical Exam.

Do I need to include the "Evidence of Financial Support" with the DS-156K too?

And what about the "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" for the DS-156K? Do I need something there as well?

C. Financial documents:

Thanks Steve, but that was not my question.

You showed me this the other day:

CFL FAQ for P4

Which says:

Items to bring to the medical exam:

K1, K3:

1) Four (4) passport pictures (print name on back)

2) Beneficiary ID and Passport

3) P4 Appointment letter (make copies; give them a copy if they will accept it)

4) P3 collected docs from OF-169 checklist (divorce, police, marriage, police certificates, etc -- make copies)

5) P4 (K1 list) (make copies)

a. DS-156 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (sign); attached (2) passport photos of beneficiary to each (total of 4 pics)

b. DS-156K in English ; (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

c. DS-157 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (no signature needed; no signature block)

d. GNI-2 , Supplemental Form (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

e. GIV-24 , Family Composition Sheet (sign)

f. Medical docs from P4

g. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry (K1: do not sign; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

6) Have blank forms for P4 docs (in case something is wrong)

The DS-156K says that along with my fiance¨¦'s Birth Certificate and Police Certificates, they also want "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" and "Evidence of Financial Support" to "be attached".

I thought the "Evidence of Financial Support" went with the I-134 at the Interview, not in the paperwork that goes to the Medical Exam.

Do I need to include the "Evidence of Financial Support" with the DS-156K too?

And what about the "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" for the DS-156K? Do I need something there as well?

I can understand the confusion... just do this:

DS-156K with medical; I-134, bring to interview... just as we say everywhere in the FAQ and in posts.... don't dissect what we have already embalmed! :toot:

I can understand the confusion... just do this:

DS-156K with medical; I-134, bring to interview... just as we say everywhere in the FAQ and in posts.... don't dissect what we have already embalmed! :o

hehe... okay, I know that already.

Maybe I'm just not being clear in my question: Sorry!

I have everything for the I-134 ready to go.

But my question is about what goes WITH the DS-156K at the Medical:

The DS-156K asks to attach "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" and "Evidence of Financial Support" to the DS-156K.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf(Just below question # 5)

If:

a.) the DS-156K goes with the Medical

and

b.) the DS-156K asks for "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" and "Evidence of Financial Support" to "Be Attached to the DS-156K"

then I would assume

c.) I need to attach "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" and "Evidence of Financial Support" to the DS-156K I send in with the Medical

So my question is this:

What "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fianc¨¦(e)" and "Evidence of Financial Support" to I attach to the DS-156K when it goes to the Medical Exam??

Does that make sense?

do i have a problem where i sent ds-230's part 1 and part 2 to NVC? the instruction says sent part 1 and part 2 to NVC.

The OP (TaijiMonkey) is doing a K-1 visa, so does not use DS-230 part 2, and does not send anything to NVC.

In your case (CR-1 or IR-1) visa you do send the whole DS-230 part 1 and 2 to NVC.

For CR1 and IR1 only part 1 of the DS230 goes to the NVC. Part 2 of the DS230 goes to the medical.