SchoolTeacher

Hey all,

My SO is concerned about her job. She is a school teacher from Xianning. Her job is considered 'Governmental' so she has a Dossier from the Bureau of Education. She moved to Shenzhen 10 years ago and took a 'temporary' job as a School Teacher there. She worries that because her official Dossier says she is a teacher from Xianning but she is only temporary in Shenzhen that it will raise a red flag. Has anyone else been in this situation before? She says that in China you have a record from your home city that does not carry over if you move. She is considering going to Xianning to get a job teaching for a while to make it look better when we apply for her Visa. I am uncertain this is necessary. Any thoughts?

Appaullo

If she can prove she's a legal worker in Shenzhen, then she's ok.

Here's an acid test - have her walk into her local PSB in shenzhen, get a police report. If she doesn't have any problems to get it in shenzhen, everything else will be fine, in my opinion.

the records she supplies come from her hukou, regardless of where she lives. She will also provide a job history (on the G325A?). She should list all jobs, including her present one. Many people change jobs and/or move to a new city for a job.

Not likely to be a red flag to the Americans. We have had several teachers go through without any issues.

Ok, just got off skype with her. Shes off to work now. Her fear is that she gave up her Xianning Teaching job and moved in with her brother and his family in Shenzhen. She teaches there now, but her Hokou (spelling?) is still Xianning. She says she has 'not moved' only 'given up' her Xianning job as far as Chinese Government is concerned. I told her I did not think this would be an issue with the Visa process, but she is still concerned. Before I read your reply, Randy, I used the same phrase to her 'I'm sure your not the first School Teacher to have left her home city that has gone through this process'. She worries that the US Government will look at her records and find nothing 'official' on her in Shenzhen. I feel since she is drawing pay from the school that she will show up.

Appaullo

I'm not certain about the 'with permission' part. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to talk with her, but I have the feeling she just moved in with her brother and started teaching at a new school. This job in Shenzhen is not a Government job. But if shes getting paid I dont see what the problem is. We will be going to Xianning to get her documents. I'm hoping she can just put her latest job in Shenzhen on the G-325A along with her first job in Xianning and all will be good.

Appaullo

Edited by Appaullo (see edit history)