initiating the AOS

Send them all together to the Chicago PO box specified by form I-485.

Treat them as separate filings so DO NOT share anyting like passport pics, and photo copies of things like I-94 etc. Each application I-485, I-765, I-131 needs to stand on it's own.

Base I-765 on Pending I-485, NOT K-1. Use code (C )(9 ) on question 16.

Send a compleate package and you will not get an RFE.

Guides for I-485 I-765 and I-131.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3ead

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf

thanks for the reply.

another question on I-693

my honey already has medical health book and vaccination book from China when she applied for K-1. she was told to have those done in china when she had her medical examinations.

does my wife need to re-do the medical examination again for her i485? or can she use those two books.

any advise?

Cheers

thanks for the reply.

another question on I-693

my honey already has medical health book and vaccination book from China when she applied for K-1. she was told to have those done in china when she had her medical examinations.

does my wife need to re-do the medical examination again for her i485? or can she use those two books.

any advise?

Cheers

You need to get the Yellow vaccination book transcribed to an I-693 by a US Civil surgeon in the USA.

Look up CS here, https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV and call around carefully explain that you just need the vaccination record done NOT a FULL medical. Explain K-Visa requirement is noted in I-693 instructions. Worse case you can always do the I-693 by mail through a CS in TX, for $20 or so.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101202

NOTE I-693 is a COMMON topic: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33208

Thanks again

does the I693 form need to be in the seal envlope?

also reading the 485 instruation, it askes for criminal record,

where do we get that?

my wife has the certified police report from china when she applied for k-1, can we submit that?

cheers

Criminal record "Police report" is only needed if adjusting from a NON-Immigrant visa OTHER than K-Visa, you provided it to the consulate when you interviewed for the K-Visa, so it is NOT needed to be provided with I-485.

The US Civil surgeon should place the I-693 in a sealed envelope, i needs to remain sealed and included in with the I-485.

• 2 months later...

Treat them as separate filings so DO NOT share anyting like passport pics, and photo copies of things like I-94 etc. Each application I-485, I-765, I-131 needs to stand on it's own.

Okay, we have 2 days until my wife's I-94 expires, and we have not yet filed the AOS package. Would it be better to rush the package off without the I-683 and get the RFE, or wait until we see the Civil Surgeon and get the I-683 completed?

Okay, we have 2 days until my wife's I-94 expires, and we have not yet filed the AOS package. Would it be better to rush the package off without the I-683 and get the RFE, or wait until we see the Civil Surgeon and get the I-683 completed?

Why would you hurry it? You DID get married within the 90 days, didn't you?

Get the vaccination supplement to send in with the rest.

Don't worry about the I-94

Why would you hurry it? You DID get married within the 90 days, didn't you?

Get the vaccination supplement to send in with the rest.

Don't worry about the I-94

Yes, we did get married within the 90 days, but then I read this on the Visa Journey FAQ:

Filing for Adjustment of Status within the 90 days protects your legal status. Your legal status as a K1 expires after 90 days, married or not. The only way to protect your legal status is to apply for Adjustment of Status, and the only way to maintain continuous legal status is to file for AOS before the K1 visa expires.

This is why I am worrying.

Filing for Adjustment of Status within the 90 days protects your legal status. Your legal status as a K1 expires after 90 days, married or not. The only way to protect your legal status is to apply for Adjustment of Status, and the only way to maintain continuous legal status is to file for AOS before the K1 visa expires.

This is why I am worrying.

There are no repercussions for having filed outside of the 90 days.

That quote from VJ, although correct, is misleading.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with filing within the 90 days.

so, Bill what did you decide to do ?

We decided to wait. I've got all the AOS paperwork except for the Civil Surgeon forms, and we'll send it all in as soon as that arrives.

We may have a problem getting my wife and son's vaccines transfered, because under my insurance, we are using their desired first names, but the AOS paperwork all lists their Chinese first names (to match their passports). This is an entirely different issue, and hopefully will not prolong the process.

so, Bill what did you decide to do ?

NOTE: I called the DOS, and they told me that as long as we're married, that we do not have to worry about not filing the AOS paperwork before the I-94 expires. They warned against the obvious, such as wandering around the border patrol (basically, anywhere that they would check your passport). Other than that, he said just file the AOS paperwork when we could get all the proper documentation together, and we should be fine.

I know that this is what most people here have told me, but I wanted to let you all know that it's been confirmed by the State Department.