State Department Warning

Guest WenDylan

This is IMBRA, part II... I wondered if that piece of $hit would rear it's ugly head in a recarnation... now we get to see it... :lol:

Maybe I'll read it over and have a few emails to send :(

You know, the really smart thing to do would be to create a reverse scam, targeting those scammers in Nigeria. What would they do about it? :P

This is IMBRA, part II... I wondered if that piece of $hit would rear it's ugly head in a recarnation... now we get to see it... :P

Did we read the same memo? This is about very specific scams - not about IMBRA.

This is IMBRA, part II... I wondered if that piece of $hit would rear it's ugly head in a recarnation... now we get to see it... :rolleyes:

you read literalism.. I read metaphor... The scam process is much bigger than a single example... consider how many illegals in the country. Now consider how many legals under scams; now consider how many illegals under metaporical scams... it grows bigger.... and bigger.... and bigger...

How to draw a law on that??????

This is IMBRA, part II... I wondered if that piece of $hit would rear it's ugly head in a recarnation... now we get to see it... :rolleyes:

you read literalism.. I read metaphor... The scam process is much bigger than a single example... consider how many illegals in the country. Now consider how many legals under scams; now consider how many illegals under metaporical scams... it grows bigger.... and bigger.... and bigger...

Well, yes - but it is addressed to people who may be victims, and tells them what to do in the event they think they might be scammed. No US law would be applicable in any scam in a foreign country.

The U.S. Department of State provides this brochure to address the burgeoning financial scams originating from overseas. While such confidence schemes have long existed, the advent of the internet has greatly increased their prevalence. Individual Americans have lost considerable money on these scams, ranging from a few hundred dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Department gets daily inquiries from victims of these scams. Our U.S. Consulate General in Lagos alone received 3,000 inquiries from victims in one year, and our posts in Accra, London, and Moscow similarly have received numerous inquires.

We hope this brochure will help you identify the indicators of some common scams and actions you should take.

If you are uncertain whether you are the victim of a scam, you can call the U.S. Department of State at (888) 407-4747 or the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Those who become victims of the below scams should report them to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) at http://www.ic3.gov/.

This is IMBRA, part II... I wondered if that piece of $hit would rear it's ugly head in a recarnation... now we get to see it... :o

Maybe I'll read it over and have a few emails to send :lol:

Well, yes - but it is addressed to people who may be victims,

I rest my case.... we read one post from USCIS and take it for it's narrow reading....

I've heard that Fuijian and Taishan area has been very high in GUZ for fraud... where is that posted publicly???

Let's get real.... what is published is but a tip of the iceberg... read the daily paper for your news but the real new around the world is never revealed.. is the moral of the story...

Fujian is actually posted. HIGH for fraud.. If you haven't found it - I'll post it in 24 hours from now... (sorry, I'm off to bed - I don't have 6 women to keep warm in my house, unlike others...)

This is IMBRA, part II... I wondered if that piece of $hit would rear it's ugly head in a recarnation... now we get to see it... :lol:

Maybe I'll read it over and have a few emails to send ;)

You know, the really smart thing to do would be to create a reverse scam, targeting those scammers in Nigeria. What would they do about it? :lol:

There is a website of guys who scam the scammers. It might be 419.com. They get them to send them money and pose for crazy pictures with signs. It's entertaining.

Addendum: it's www.419eater.com. There are even tips on scambaiting and if you get a good one you can put it up there.

Edited by shushuweiwei (see edit history)