delay at the consulate

Well, I sure hope it's something benign like that.

the thing is...why did they issue him a "congratulations your immigrant visa has been approved" before completing that though...?

Do you know of anyone else who had that happened?

:cheering:

Ah - sounds like, really, they never completed (in a timely fashion) the name check. At least it's not 'we're out of printer ink to print the visas'.

the thing is...why did they issue him a "congratulations your immigrant visa has been approved" before completing that though...?

:Dah:

Ah - sounds like, really, they never completed (in a timely fashion) the name check. At least it's not 'we're out of printer ink to print the visas'.

That may very well be the case. Way way back in the Black Hole days, this is what happened to so many people. The applicant had successful interview and visa was approved. But the name check rules were changed and, as a result, were being done in a different way. We had real long delays back then, but I doubt they will be that long now. Back in 2002, it took us seven months from interview to visa pick up. But don't panic. Things move faster now.

wow. 7 months. ouch.

WELL......

I JUST CHECKED THE EMS PACKAGE NUMBER:

EMS website said: "(Your item was collected (city of Guangzhou) -- yesterday 6:10 pm (china time)"

"Status: posting"

The strange thing is that I called DOS this morning...and they said "administrative processing". HMMM.

If they had issued a visa, either their system isn't updated to real time or he's getting something other than a visa :blink:

Anybody has any ideas?

:whistling:

:offtopic:

That may very well be the case. Way way back in the Black Hole days, this is what happened to so many people. The applicant had successful interview and visa was approved. But the name check rules were changed and, as a result, were being done in a different way. We had real long delays back then, but I doubt they will be that long now. Back in 2002, it took us seven months from interview to visa pick up. But don't panic. Things move faster now.