quick K3 question

i know that the I-130 Fee is about $350, so when you file a I129F after do you need to pay $450 fee or is it free?

well when I filed last september,i only had to pay for the I-130,the i-129f fee was waived.

jimi

FEE for I-130 is $355, not $350 just to make sure you don't make out a check for the wrong amount getting your petition rejected.

If considering K-3, do the CR-1 visa you will be much more happy for it because of the INSTANT GREEN-CARD.

For the most part CR-1 tends to take a bit longer than K-3 to get if you prepare for NVC when they request I-864 fee, and Visa fee, as well as documents requested by NVC. In many cases the CR-1 petition reaches the consulate just before K-3 interview, which causes K-3 to get dropped and the interview becomes a CR-1 visa interview.

K-3:

I-130: $355

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

AOS: $1010

($1496)

CR-1

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

I see many posts from K-3 holders stating, "Wow this sucks, I am stuck at home because I don't have EAD, DL, etc, or I am having hard time getting added to bank accounts because of NO SSN." K-3 has a 90 day or longer period of limbo while waiting for EAD or Green-card.

K-3 was developed at a time when CR-1 was taking much longer that today, NVC has greatly streamlined the CR-1 process to the point where K-3 becomes irrelevant.

Thx for the info, i want to go for the K3 because i heard that if she get interview in Hong Kong, i can be with her at the interview. I don't need another disappointment from GUZ.

ans also i'm not worry about SSN, because she was here in the USA before and she has a SSN.

FEE for I-130 is $355, not $350 just to make sure you don't make out a check for the wrong amount getting your petition rejected.

If considering K-3, do the CR-1 visa you will be much more happy for it because of the INSTANT GREEN-CARD.

For the most part CR-1 tends to take a bit longer than K-3 to get if you prepare for NVC when they request I-864 fee, and Visa fee, as well as documents requested by NVC. In many cases the CR-1 petition reaches the consulate just before K-3 interview, which causes K-3 to get dropped and the interview becomes a CR-1 visa interview.

K-3:

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

AOS: $1010

($1496)

CR-1

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

I see many posts from K-3 holders stating, "Wow this sucks, I am stuck at home because I don't have EAD, DL, etc, or I am having hard time getting added to bank accounts because of NO SSN." K-3 has a 90 day or longer period of limbo while waiting for EAD or Green-card.

K-3 was developed at a time when CR-1 was taking much longer that today, NVC has greatly streamlined the CR-1 process to the point where K-3 becomes irrelevant.

One more question, can you send in the I-130 and I129F at the same time?

i have read over at vj that some members have sent in both petitions at the same time sucessfully.

Here is a comment in the instructions:

"U.S. citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their alien spouses must also include evidence that they have filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of the alien spouse listed on this form, and a marriage certificate evidencing the legal marriage between the citizen and alien."

Maybe if you mail them together, they consider that as proof of filing I-130.

Any others heard of doing this??

they allow that in other cases, such as filing the I-130 and I-485 (otherwise, you have to wait for the I-130 approval), and, of course, the I-485 and I-131(AP) and I-785(EAD).

It makes sense that it would work.

One more question, can you send in the I-130 and I129F at the same time?

Hi benc,

According to the Ombudsman see their web-site, they are considering the submitting together of the I-130 and I-129F but no decision has been made and if they do..new instructions will have to be in Place.

Their web-site is:

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm

And here is what they wrote from page 18 or 19 of most recent ruling.

C. K-3 Visa Family Reunification Process

In the 2006 Annual Report, the CISOMB recommended that USCIS consolidate the petitions that a U.S. citizen must file on behalf of a foreign spouse in order to obtain a K-3 nonimmigrant visa. Current procedures require that a K-3 petitioner file the I-129F petition with a copy of the I-130 receipt notice. This requirement has been in place since the K-3 regulations were enacted. In light of stakeholder concerns, USCIS recently reviewed the regulations to determine if there is leeway to permit concurrent filing of an I-129F with an I-130. A close reading of the regulations appears to permit the concurrent filing of the petitions for K-3 classification; however, the agency is still conferring on this issue. Provided this is permissible, concurrent filing of the I-129F and I-130 petitions will require filing instruction changes and coordination with the Lockbox to revise the intake templates. USCIS will notify the CISOMB when a final determination has been made.

Tom and Ling

they allow that in other cases, such as filing the I-130 and I-485 (otherwise, you have to wait for the I-130 approval), and, of course, the I-485 and I-131(AP) and I-785(EAD).

Not "approval" (NOA2) the I-129F gets sent to the service center handling the I-130 with a copy of I-130 "Receipt" notice (NOA1)

You are filing a K-3 petition for your spouse.

Mail Form I-129F to

The Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Not "approval" (NOA2) the I-129F gets sent to the service center handling the I-130 with a copy of I-130 "Receipt" notice (NOA1)

You are filing a K-3 petition for your spouse.

Mail Form I-129F to

The Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

The I-485 AOS application may only be filed with an approved I-130, or with a family application (I-130) where a visa number is already available, . . .

You may apply to adjust your status if:

A. An immigrant visa number is immediately available to you based on an approved immigrant petition; or

B. You are filing this application with a completed relative petition, special immigrant juvenile petition, or special immigrant military petition which, if approved, would make an immigrant visa number immediately available to you.

My point is that the idea of filing a second form which depends on the first IS used in other cases.