Somewhere in China....

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Here in China, we have a Satellite feed, through the Philippines, that provides us a connection to the Discovery Channel. The last few weeks, they have been broadcasting a new show called, "Somewhere in China." The show is hosted by two American brothers, who grew up in China with their father who was teaching English. My wife and daughter are really enjoying the series, as it is presenting China in a light not often seen by Westerners.

As most countries do, China has its share of problems. It is truly refreshing to see these brothers as they travel from province to province, and city to city, filming and experiencing both the big cities, and the countryside.

I'm wondering if any of our members have also seen the show?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Here in China, we have a Satellite feed, through the Philippines, that provides us a connection to the Discovery Channel. The last few weeks, they have been broadcasting a new show called, "Somewhere in China." The show is hosted by two American brothers, who grew up in China with their father who was teaching English. My wife and daughter are really enjoying the series, as it is presenting China in a light not often seen by Westerners.

As most countries do, China has its share of problems. It is truly refreshing to see these brothers as they travel from province to province, and city to city, filming and experiencing both the big cities, and the countryside.

I'm wondering if any of our members have also seen the show?

Whoops. Just noticed that it's the National Geographic Channel, rather than the Discovery Channel.

:D