K-1 Denied

may1844

Guest ShaQuaNew

I believe in Bahai faith, and can not just marry and leave her behind, If I marry her, i want to be with her.

Ramin.

I'm only somewhat familiar with the Bahai faith, and am wondering what doctrine or belief is preventing you from marrying her, and working toward bringing her to the US? Sure, you want to be with her, and if she loves you, she wants to be with you. Do you think that you may be limiting your options by drawing this must be together at all costs inference from your faith?

--edit--

I just noticed you posted that the VO believed you did not have a bona fide relationship. Sounds like you have strong grounds for appeal anyway, provided that you're able to comprehensively demonstrate that your relationship is in fact bona fide.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our fianc¨¦ visa has been denied in Guangzhou Consulate on November 3, 2008. My Fianc¨¦ was asked the following two questions on her interview: How did you meet and how long have you known him. After responding to the immigration officer¡¯s questions she offered to show them all the documentation that proved our relationships which included more 1000 of our email(s) to each other, proof of phone calls, join pictures, money recite, etc). Unfortunately the immigration officer refused to see the documents and that was the end of an appointment that my Fianc¨¦ and I were waiting for almost a year. After the meeting she handed my fianc¨¦¡¯s the denial letter.

I called an attorney in Guangzhou, she said I can not do anything just wait until they send the documents back then appeal.

All the people telling me I should keep the documents in guangzhou, please let me know how to do so.

Thanks!

Sounds like our interview, the VO wouldn't look at most of the bona fide relationship evidence, wouldn't look at my offered passport yet asked 4 questions (out of 30 something questions) about my four trips to China.

Wish I could tell you how to keep a denied case in Guangzhou. Things have changed I guess, they seem to quickly lock down cases and no one, especially your congressman's laison can access what is going on.

Try everything you can, I did, and I'm not trying to be negative here, but I really don't have a nice soft way to put it. I feel your pain, and I sympathise with you and your woman.

I despise the lunacy going on by the DOS, but some of us get stuck in the consulate's speculation and conjecture and have to make a new plan.

Good luck buddy, it will work out.

tsap seui

When did you two meet, and how long in between meeting and filing for the K-1?

Hi,

we met her in Nov of 2007 and i went to guangzhou in January of 2008 and we got engaged, and I applied Feb, 8 2008.

She is crying every day, and i have not had a good sleep since i came back last week.

The Guangzhou consulate is shamless.

Ramin.

Why don't you overcome with a CR-1? Seems that is the best way to get on track and prove your relationship.

Hi,

I don't want to marry and leave my wife back in China and our families don't like the idea of leave her behind in China.

If we marry, I have to quite my Job and move to China, then I will live in China until I get the visa for her.

I applied for a new K-1 last week again, and we decided If she dose not get second interview now, we will wait another 9 months which they may give us white paper, there are not any rules in Consulate. I will be worry about it at that time, i don't want to be negative from now.

I believe in Bahai faith, and can not just marry and leave her behind, If I marry her, i want to be with her.

Ramin.

I didn't know you could apply another K-1 while one K-1 was just denied. :redmad:

K1 applied again will be approved after the denial one returning back from GUZ to USCIS.

But I am not sure apply again that soon.

Hope you good luck.

I was be denied on JUN for K1, but I am still waiting for USCIS's reviewing now. They told me to wait for 180 days!! OMG!!!

But someone said K1 cant appeal, because it has been past due.

I am the beneficiary, I can understand your fiancee's mood.

Life is always with some difficulty, though I am so much sad on some time. But we have to face the truth.

Good Luck!

When did you two meet, and how long in between meeting and filing for the K-1?

Hi,

we met her in Nov of 2007 and i went to guangzhou in January of 2008 and we got engaged, and I applied Feb, 8 2008.

She is crying every day, and i have not had a good sleep since i came back last week.

The Guangzhou consulate is shamless.

Ramin.

Why don't you overcome with a CR-1? Seems that is the best way to get on track and prove your relationship.

Hi,

I don't want to marry and leave my wife back in China and our families don't like the idea of leave her behind in China.

If we marry, I have to quite my Job and move to China, then I will live in China until I get the visa for her.

I applied for a new K-1 last week again, and we decided If she dose not get second interview now, we will wait another 9 months which they may give us white paper, there are not any rules in Consulate. I will be worry about it at that time, i don't want to be negative from now.

Ramin.

I didn't know you could apply another K-1 while one K-1 was just denied. :P

K1 applied again will be approved after the denial one returning back from GUZ to USCIS.

Hope you good luck.

I was be denied on JUN for K1, but I am still waiting for USCIS's reviewing now. They told me to wait for 180 days!! OMG!!!

Life is always with some difficulty, though I am so much sad on some time. But we have to face the truth.

Good Luck!

Hello Strawberry,

I cannot they can just say forget it because of your age. This is really sad I wonder what is the % of denial do GUZ give then.

Joe

Sorry to hear this Ramin. :P

I believe you said your fiancee hired someone in the consulate building to help her with paperwork? Unless it was Mr. Yang that would raise a giant red flag for me. Not about your relationship but about the quality and thoroughness of their work. I don't believe I've heard of anyone else here who used a company in the consulate building. Just speculating here. I could be way off base.

Just in case no one is telling you this -

It doesn't matter how long you wait prior to the interview.

If you get a denial with white slip based on 'not a bonafide relationship' then...

something was wrong with your submitted paperwork - the VO smelled something, and used this 'general' catch all denial reason.

There is no timely appeal . You might be able to appeal within 1 to 2 years, but you have to wait until the case is returned stateside, and even then, it might just 'age-out' and the petition simply fade away.

You claim you filed yet another K-1 visa recently ? COOL! But - what 'other' stuff did you submit besides the actual form?

Hope you good luck.

Good Luck!

Actually, you were not old enough to marry a USC. Wait a bit, re-apply. and... GOOD LUCK!

gosh, another one.

How disappointing.

Keep your chin up...keep moving forward.

sorry to hear about it.

best of luck overcoming it quickly.

:roller:

Really sorry :angel:

How many meetings before interview ?

did you go to ACS & ACH before interview ?

Hi,

I went to Guangzhou twice, what is ACS & ACH.

I know she paid a companyin Guanzhou Consulate building to help her for paper work and prepared her for the interview which they just asked her two questions in Chinese. She speaks very well English.

Hello Ramin,

Sorry to hear this. What did the white slip say?

Joe

hi,

we don't havea bone fide relationship.

Just in case no one is telling you this -

It doesn't matter how long you wait prior to the interview.

If you get a denial with white slip based on 'not a bonafide relationship' then...

something was wrong with your submitted paperwork - the VO smelled something, and used this 'general' catch all denial reason.

There is no timely appeal . You might be able to appeal within 1 to 2 years, but you have to wait until the case is returned stateside, and even then, it might just 'age-out' and the petition simply fade away.

You claim you filed yet another K-1 visa recently ? COOL! But - what 'other' stuff did you submit besides the actual form?

Hi,

I talk to the Consulate staff when I was in Gungzhou two weeks ago, he said don't waste your time and wait for appeal takes longer than fia new K-1 visa.

But, I have to answer the appeal when they send it to me late on.

I hired an attorney to try to get her another interview which he said I done it before a little chance and I paid him to do it anyway, they will answer in 3 weeks.

I filed a new K-1 last week and hired another attorney which he is taking care of appeal of old K-1 to make sure 212(a)(6)© been responded correctly, before the next interview otherwise, they will deny us again.

My new attorney will tell me about it more later, I will post for everyone what he is doing to take care of the 212(a)(6)© which is very important otherwise she would get another white paper.

My new attorney said, the 212(a)(6)© "MISREPRESTATION" which written in white paper must be responded before a new NOV2 approval otherwise is too late.

My new attorney will give me more information later, and I will post for everyone.

Ramin.

So you now have 2 lawyers working on 2 petitions? A Visa Officer told you don't bother to appeal just refile?

Hi,

Yes, I have two attorneys now, one attorny requested another interview, this was his email to me:

I can review your case and request another interview. But there are no guarantees whether they will grant another one or not. It is up to the officer. I will email you a Google Checkout link which you can use to pay by credit or debit card.

Ramin.

So you now have 2 lawyers working on 2 petitions? A Visa Officer told you don't bother to appeal just refile?

Hi,

Yes, I have two attorneys now, one attorny requested another interview, this was his email to me:

I can review your case and request another interview. But there are no guarantees whether they will grant another one or not. It is up to the officer. I will email you a Google Checkout link which you can use to pay by credit or debit card.

Ramin.

Hi,

What are you paying for him to do that?(to try and get another interview date)

jimi

Hi,

Ramin.

Hi,

jimi

Hi,

I paid $495 which is no guarantees, I will try anything at this time.

Ramin.

Hi,

Ramin.

Hi,

jimi

Hi,

Ramin.

Yeah ,I hear you,

A lawyer told me the same , couldn't guarantee anything.

Good luck,keep us posted.let us know how it turns out.Did he say,how long it would take,to get a yes/no answer whether they will give another interview?

jimi

Hi,

Ramin.

Hi,

jimi

Hi,

Ramin.

Yeah ,I hear you,

A lawyer told me the same , couldn't guarantee anything.

Good luck,keep us posted.let us know how it turns out.Did he say,how long it would take,to get a yes/no answer whether they will give another interview?

jimi

Hi,

He said within 3 weeks, the Guangzhou Consulate will responed to our request.

Ramin.