Name on adjustment of status

Ying and I just got married and or now filling out the forms for adjustment of status and other forms. She is taking my last name and using her family name as a middle name. The question is do we use her married name on the forms or do we use her maiden name?

Thanks in advance!

As long as your marriage certificate list her name as: her first name, her maiden name, and then your last name then that's fine. You can file it as such. But if the name doesn't match the marriage certificate, changed or additional name, then don't do it.

We filed the AOS with her maiden name even though she took my last name as stated on the marriage certificate. All the records and filings previously were under that name so we didn't want to take the chance on any problems with someone at USCIS having a bad day and seeing the A# and the name on the application is different without checking more carefully.

Others here have filed with the new name without any problems.

When we filed the AOS for the 10 year GC we used the married name.

You can file it either way married or maiden name.

Definitely use her married name on the forms, be sure to do this on ALL of the forms, EAD, AOS and AP. Your marriage certificate is your evidence of a name change even if it doesn't show a married name on it.

With the change in marital status a name change is somewhat expected by the USCIS, but not required.