Got pink today!!

E & S

Congratulations, indeed, and thanks for the play-by-play.

If I read this correctly, you had been to the US 5 times before this date. I would think that fact would carry some pretty hefty weight in this situation. I mean, they could check off right there the threat of "immigration risk" as non-existent, which seems to be really high on their priority list.

On the aspect of a VO already having made up their minds, I think you have brought up a really good topic to explore, which could be of benefit even as fatalistic as it seems, but it shouldn't be.

First of all, logistically an officer could not do their job with practically any effect if they didn't have some idea where the eligibility range was for an applicant before the actual interview, since 15 minutes is a very small part of the information to be reviewed. That part is obvious, but, that the degree of confidence they have could be as you suggest in your case and in many many others is fascinating me, because for months I was terrified by this possibility, because it meant I had no further control and it was up to throwing the dice from this point on. Awesome ! :D NOT.

I don't expect a process to be as arbitrary which is by design "our" process, as Americans. Also, the concept of an Interview as a key component gives one the hope that there is an egalitarian chance to represent oneself and be judged at least somewhat on the character one presents - even further, that the IV is actually a chance to "make up" for any weakness of the case on paper - that one would actually be given a chance to do that. From numerous posts I have seen, I believe it is an accurate observation that the IV really isn't an opportunity to make a case with weaknesses become strong. My sense is that the IV is even more an "off the table" negotiation in so far as it is not used for the purpose of adding positive attributes to a case what so ever. Isn't it like this? The applicant is either believed to be eligible or not eligible before the IV time, and the IV is functioning to merely confirm that ruling. This would also help explain the descriptions of "scowled at me" and " had a look of scorn" and comments like this I have read. If a person must deny someone something so precious, it would be important for them to have a firm belief this is the right conclusion, else get caught up in the personal drama. Demonizing and disallowing oneself to be drawn into the applicant's personal world would be a useful emotional defense mechanism. It can't be an easy job. The less of a person they have to consider in the IV, the easier it makes it at the end of the day.

I'm rambling again, but, I post it because I can use this to my advantage. First of all, it means, the IV isn't deciding my Fiancee's visa. Our preparation for it is, mostly in the form of intangibles out of our control ( technically not preparation, but life events and choices ), and a few things like forms and evidence we have provided. So, we will be ready with all the answers. We have all the evidence in great shape, but no control over what that VO has determined before she arrives at GUZ. That is reason to not worry about the interview.

In the rare case one might redeem oneself against a negative pre-determination, it would be most important not to be nervous, because nervousness fulfills a negative determination, whereas calm would have an undermining effect of a negative pre-determination.

Feel free to poke holes in all I am saying here. This is merely the conclusions I have come to and some adaptive thinking to deal with it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic