Got pink today!!

E & S

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again everyone!

While I have more time these days to think it over, I actually tend to believe that the VO has formed an idea of whether or not to approve your visa before you show up at the window..

these are a few things that led me to this conclusion:

1) I saw that every officer took out a stack of papers from the brown envelope (on top of it is the I-129F form with some key answers crossed out in red ink). Before they call out your number, I saw they need a few minutes to browse through the papers and busy typing. I think by this point they already formed the general idea and knew what to ask.

2) I used a rubber band to bind my two passports together as one of them is expired with my old visa info in it. She asked for my passport when I went up to the window. She doesn't mind the hassle to take off the rubber band and returned my old passport and told me she only needed to keep my new old. That made me wonder why she said she needed to keep it. That was before she started any questions. If I would get blue or white, she doesn't even need to take off the rubber band and she could just return me the whole thing.

3) Very few questions asked. I had a thick stack of papers but she only asked to see photos and 2007 tax return.

Before the interview, a friend of mine gave me really good advice. She told me to go through my own situation very carefully to find out if there could be anything that the VO will feel like questioning.. anything that I could think of that would become my weakness that prevents me from getting the visa. She helped me make out a list of them and I practiced the answers many times. She told me not to let the VO catch you anything unprepared. From what I observed at the interview room, especially seeing some key words being crossed out on the forms, I do believe the VO is trying to spot your weakness and ask questions according to that.

Guest WenDylan

Just checked on the EMS website.. my visa was already mailed out on the 7th (interview was on the 6th). I have it mailed to my parents as they reside in Guangdong province. Wish they could mail to Shanghai though!

Ah, ok, well then you are ready to pack your bags and hitch the next flight over here! :lol:

bob how can you wait so long to bring haiqing to usa , i get my girl here before guz change there mind :o

Hey 406camaro,

We have the visas in hand so there's no concern with GUZ at this point. :D

Two reasons we're waiting, Haiqing has a nice bonus coming the beginning of next year and if she quits her job now she forfeits the bonus and being so close to the end of the year leaving now makes no sense, also her son is finishing a semester in college.

My business is 100% mobile so I can work from here no problem. ;) We're going to spend Chinese New Years up north with the family and a few weeks after that come to the USA together on the 18th of February :ph34r:

So in the mean time I get to enjoy the food ;) ... went out for a nice lobster and oyster dinner last week on her Birthday :redmad:

Yum, yum, yum :huh:

Bob