Wizcom Quicktionary Text Translator...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Anybody try one of these gadgets??? Looks very kewl...Translates text both ways... :rolleyes:

http://www.amazon.com/Wizcom-Quicktionary-...r/dp/B001CTETMI

Can it also be used as an electric shaver? It does sorta look like one :P.

:)

For $187 bucks though, it seems like a tough sale. I did take a look at it, and wondered what the market would be. I often have need to translate Chinese text at work, but nearly everything is already in digital media, making translation via computer quick and easy. Stand-alone tools like this one seem more like a gimmick, than something that would be very useful.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Anybody try one of these gadgets??? Looks very kewl...Translates text both ways... :rolleyes:

For $187 bucks though, it seems like a tough sale. I did take a look at it, and wondered what the market would be. I often have need to translate Chinese text at work, but nearly everything is already in digital media, making translation via computer quick and easy. Stand-alone tools like this one seem more like a gimmick, than something that would be very useful.

I would imagine for someone who spends more time actually INTERACTING with Chinese, vs. just using the comp, this might be extremely useful. you can't pop open your laptop in the middle of the street to aid in asking someone a question.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Anybody try one of these gadgets??? Looks very kewl...Translates text both ways... :coolthumb:

Can it also be used as an electric shaver? It does sorta look like one :D.

:lol:

I would imagine for someone who spends more time actually INTERACTING with Chinese, vs. just using the comp, this might be extremely useful. you can't pop open your laptop in the middle of the street to aid in asking someone a question.

That's just it though. It can't hear what people say and translate it. It can only be used for hard copy translation. There isn't a device today that is capable to reliably translating hand-written text. My job also requires me to frequently interact with non-English speakers. If they don't speak English, I just bring along a translator. Easy, reliable and efficient.

:o

That's just it though. It can't hear what people say and translate it. It can only be used for hard copy translation. There isn't a device today that is capable to reliably translating hand-written text. My job also requires me to frequently interact with non-English speakers. If they don't speak English, I just bring along a translator. Easy, reliable and efficient.

I was just thinking you could actually read a book, magazine or newspaper this way... :( But I guess it would be very slow and cumbersome to do so... ;)

Anybody try one of these gadgets??? Looks very kewl...Translates text both ways... B)

Can it also be used as an electric shaver? It does sorta look like one :D.

:lol:

I mean more in the sense that if you are with a Chinese person and you're speaking Chinese. If there's just that one word you can't seem to find this would be great. My husband had a translator on his phone and it helped us out TONS when there was that word he would get stuck on.

In short, i'm just saying it's not completely useless. If i was moving to China i'd probably pick one up just because i've seen how useful it could be, at least in MY life i had there. But to each his own

Guest ShaQuaNew

Anybody try one of these gadgets??? Looks very kewl...Translates text both ways... :(

:D

I was just thinking you could actually read a book, magazine or newspaper this way... :P But I guess it would be very slow and cumbersome to do so... :yikes:

It would be ideal for that sort of thing.