Meeting my Fiancee and son in Newark Nov 6

Hi everyone,

I will be meeting my fiancee and son in Newark on November 06. They are coming on K!/K2 visa. My question:

Is there any way I can join them and go through immigration and customs with them?

I will arrive in Newark a good six hours before they do, so that gives me plenty of time to ask some questions there as well, but I was sort of hoping that someone here might know something about it as well.

They will arrive at 5:40 PM and then we will board another plane and leave for Norfolk, Va. at 9:10 PM.

Thanks. :roller:

I've been there, but like WB says, you simply have to wait outside the baggage area, past custom's. There is ABSOLUTELY no co-mingling of the processed (or legally here) and the unprocessed.

Our plane (from Beijing) was late, so she went to custom's while I went to get the baggage. We were told it wouldn't be a problem, but that was before they figured out she didn't speak English. He had to come find me so I could tell him she was a K-2, AOS applicant (with AP), blah-blah-blah. We made our flight without any furthe problem.

I've been there, but like WB says, you simply have to wait outside the baggage area, past custom's. There is ABSOLUTELY no co-mingling of the processed (or legally here) and the unprocessed.

Our plane (from Beijing) was late, so she went to custom's while I went to get the baggage. We were told it wouldn't be a problem, but that was before they figured out she didn't speak English. He had to come find me so I could tell him she was a K-2, AOS applicant (with AP), blah-blah-blah. We made our flight without any furthe problem.

Thanks. I kind of thought that would be the case, but it never hurts to check.

unless you buy a ticket for travel for your self, gets you through security, then you can meet her at the gate.

Rob, even if he had a ticket, I beleive the customs area is off limits to out bound passengers... the customs area is strictly for "inbounds".

I feel the same as the OP, but my plan it to arrive at the airport, one hour after her plane arrives, otherwise.. I may start climbing the walls. :)

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

unless you buy a ticket for travel for your self, gets you through security, then you can meet her at the gate.

Rob, even if he had a ticket, I beleive the customs area is off limits to out bound passengers... the customs area is strictly for "inbounds".

I feel the same as the OP, but my plan it to arrive at the airport, one hour after her plane arrives, otherwise.. I may start climbing the walls. :)

gate, not customs area. International tickets you can meet in the terminal before customs. Expensive yes, doable yes, practible :eatyum:

ya, one sure method is to be flying in from canada ? just remember, once she gets off the plane, she does not have to IMMEDIATELY proceed to customs - there are places to sit and wait.